DSLR cameras - any recommendations?

Hi guys.

Complete idiot when it comes to DSLR’s etc. So was hoping if any tech fanatics can help me out.

Looking to invest in a camera - which can record at 4k. Budget is £650-£700. Willing to stretch slightly further.

How much can you stretch to?

Possibly £850, but feel free to mention it regardless.

Ok, because your budget is on the low side for a 4k DSLR. You can buy them for that price, but my recommendation would be to wait and build up your budget.

If you really can’t wait, then something like a Panasonic Lumix G80 would work.

2 Likes

Ok, great. Any particular cameras I should have on my list that would be worth the wait?

The Panasonic Lumix GH5 is definitely worth the wait imo. My dad has one and it’s a real workhorse.

Ah yes, I’ve heard promising things about that.

Any opinion on this mate?

https://m.slrhut.co.uk/product/ID2623C68/google?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwYuI5tyh3AIV7pztCh0sZA4gEAQYASABEgLyJPD_BwE

I do, its a camera and an expensive one :henry2:

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend mirrorless cameras. You already have cellphones for most of that.

I was going to suggest the Canon 70D, until I saw that you’re looking for one that films in 4K, for which the 70D goes up to HD only. If you can deal with just HD for the time being then the 70D is a really nice camera. As Jules says, you’ll very much struggle to find many cameras at the prices you’re looking for that does 4K. Reality is you’d have to look four figures into achieving that/

1 Like

My only issue with that camera is the frame rate of the 4k capture. 30fps would annoy the hell out of me, and quiet honestly I’d prefer a 1080p camera purely for the higher frame rate.

If you just wanted to recorded stuff in 4k get a GoPro5/6.

This camera records in 6k and downscales it to 4k
You just have to save for a lens