England

When I see that England team sheet:

1 Like

Big Sam Allardahahaha :xhaka:

Butland is by far the best English keeper. If he played for City and Hart played for Stoke heā€™d be the number one as thatā€™s sadly how it works.

5 Likes

I donā€™t really care that much for the England international team and havenā€™t for a few years, but Iā€™m happy to see Antonio with a call up because heā€™s a decent player and has done great for West Ham last season and the start of this season

Jordan Henderson apparently going to be named England captain tomorrow. :facepalm:

Heā€™s so steely and gritty lol

Henderson is the Liverpool equivalent of Ramsey. One good season (both 13/14) and theyā€™ve not really done much before or since tbh.

Rooney will stay captainā€¦ wouldnā€™t have made much sense nominating him if he wasnā€™t going to.

1 Like

When looking at Ramsey and Henderson in the most honest sense, how comparable are they and in terms of match influence and individual ability, whoā€™s ceiling would you consider higher?

Theyā€™re very different central midfielders but if any of them has it in them to dominate in their best possible environments itā€™s Ramsey by far surely.

@Robin_L Do you still rate Henderson as much as you used to? Just curious because I used to laugh about that but then he started to impress me a bit. However it seems like injuries and bad management have seemed to curtail his development.

Hendersonā€™s ceiling is Gareth Barry. Ramseyā€™s ceiling is Cesc Fabregas.

No! Henderson is frankly awful.

I used to think Henderson was the best young English midfielder in world football. I believe I went on record as saying as he was the complete package, and that we hadnā€™t seen his like since a young Bryan Robson burst onto the scene. I used to think a Jack WIlshere / ā€˜Hendoā€™ partnership was as good as it gets.

Iā€™ve since left rehab though and nowadays take a more rational approach to lifeā€¦

5 Likes

Rooney still captain. Big Sam failed already.

1 Like

I have as much interest in England as I have Colchester United.

1 Like

Hopeless.

Walcott picked, but Wilshere not and has too prove himself? Joke.

Walcottā€™s probably the epitome of the ā€˜stealing a livingā€™ phrase.

Walcott has started our first three matches of the season, and itā€™s reasonable to believe that that will continue to be the case, so I can see why Allardici might have him in the squad given his comments on players needing to be playing regularly. You canā€™t really say that of Jack just yet.

If heā€™s fit and playing decently for Bournemouth heā€™ll be back in, itā€™s no big deal really. Being dropped from England, as well as being shipped out of Arsenal on loan, might provide a bit of a kick up the arse anyway.

And later youā€™ll tell me that my opinion isnā€™t good because I believed Sanogo had potential to be a decent striker. :wink:

Iā€™ve grown to not mind Walker but I really donā€™t like Rose.

Oh and Allardyceā€™s Rooney can play wherever he thinks best comment killed any hope I had for his reign.

Wenger in.

1 Like

Walcott actually played well when he came on. A much better final ballā€¦begs the question why doesnt he do that for us.