Football League

Paul Maskew should watch more goals.

4 Likes

Haha yeah, heā€™s over reacted there. Still a brilliant goal though. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the PL.

Wowza what a hit.

As Andy Gray once said, yew just dont donā€™t save doze.

Wolverhampton beat Derby and just need a win to get promoted now.

Wolves replacing West Brom. Superb bit of business.

https://twitter.com/wolves/status/985228972677099520

1 Like

Fair play to Kanye he stuck to his word.

The EFL have just held a Ryan Sessegnon love fest. Heā€™s won both YPOTS and Championship POTS plus about 3694 other awards. The only award he didnā€™t walk away with was Family club of the yearā€¦ :sunglasses:

Not that these little awards matter, but I still think Neves was robbed. People have been banging on about Neves being one of the best players to ever play in that division FFS. Sessegnon is amazing too, donā€™t get me wrong, but heā€™s not ā€œthereā€ yet. When I watch him, I think ā€œwhat a player, heā€™ll be great one dayā€, when I watch Neves I think, ā€œheā€™s already great.ā€

I feel like maybe Ryanā€™s ability is getting exaggerated because of his age ā€“ ā€¦ though, judging from the comments on this, most people believe it to be London/British bias. But yeah, the comments on thisā€¦ safe to say itā€™s not gone down well :see_no_evil:

https://twitter.com/efl/status/985641591418343427

Sessegnon deserves all the plaudits imo, 70 apps at age 17 is just stoopid. It seems like heā€™s been 17 for about 3 seasons now, bit like Donnarumma.

I fear he goes to Tottenham soon as a replacement for Danny Rose and strengthens them further. Arsenal needs a new left back fairly soon

Yeah iā€™m not saying he is undeserving of the plaudits. Heā€™s obviously going to be a superstar. And I have no problem with him being named in the team of the season. I just object to the idea that heā€™s had a better season than Neves. Unless iā€™ve been unlucky, in that the games of each that iā€™ve happened to miss show Neves dropping 2/10s.

Sure, doing all the at 17 is great and in the long run, Sessegnon will probably end up being the better player. But right now, Neves has been doing stuff with that ball not often seen in that division ā€“ giving Sessegnon the Apprentice of the season award, the young player of the year award AND the player of the year award just seems a bit OTT to me.

But yeah, iā€™m with you on the Spurs link. He has Spurs written all over him. Iā€™m hoping heā€™ll stick it out at Fulham for a while longer. Though if they come up, heā€™ll be even more in the spotlight.

Well-done Wolverhampton! Canā€™t wait to see Neves in the Premier League!

Big game between Millwall and Fulham today.

Really looking forward to this one. Both teams are in such good form, neither have lost for ages!

1 Like

0-0 at HT.
3-0 Fulham FT. They are 2nd atm.

Actually shocked by this. Thought Millwall would get something. Still hopeful that Millwall will make it into the PL.

The Premier League will be a better place with them. We all need to see Millwall v West Ham.

1 Like

Nice banter!

1-0 Fulham. Sessegnon is so good.

2-0 Fulham. Golazo!

3-0 Fulham

Iā€™m off to Barnet v Newport today. Just because. I can see Martin Allen in actionā€¦ again.

1 Like

What a game you are gonna see! :xhaka:

Wolverhampton up so they win the league with this result. Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Bristol City up as well, while Brentford, Preston and Sheffield United draw. Sunderland winning in the relegation zone, but itā€™s too late to stay up by now. Sheffield Wednesday-Reading 1-0.
Wolverhampton have officially won the league. Villa are still in the race for the 2nd spot, albeit it is very difficult. Middlesbrough have almost qualified to the playoffs, while Brentford are just 1 point behind the 6th spot. Preston, Bristol City and Sheffield United shoot themselves in the feet. Preston draw 0-0 against Norwich, bristol 5-5 against Hull (they were winning 3-1) and Sheffield United lose against Birmingham. Burton beat Sunderland and send them down. Barnsley lose against Leeds. Sheffield Wednesday 3-0.
Cardiff-Nottingham now.

Meanwhile, Wigan have been promoted to the Championship.

https://twitter.com/LaticsOfficial/status/987721596377890816