Francis Coquelin

Trion stop talking sense…

:campbell: still should have bought schniderlin

He was good today but it was an easy game for him to display his combative and athletic abilities. I think he needs to start alongside Xhaka against Chelsea as we’ll need to extra physicality.

1 Like

Was great again today. Was unlucky with a few shots aswell.

Hopefully both of Coq and Xhaka start next Saturday!

What about Santi?

With our record against Chelsea I would like to see us “shut up shop” so to speak.

2 Likes

He’s going to need rested at some point soon and was a little sluggish at times today in his tackles. Wouldn’t be the worst thing either to have Santi on the bench in the likely scenario we need to bring a sub on who can actually make a difference to our attacking play.

I get that, but for me he is so vital with the role he plays. He takes the edge off Ozil a bit too. If we play two DM’s instead we may need Ozil to drop deeper in order to influence things. I’d not be against it, but it’d be quite defensive and we’ll probably see Coquelin bombing on too much.

Agreed I’d certainly rather see Santi than Coq play as I’m always a huge advocate for putting your best players out on the pitch, since we’re at home I want the 3 points and Santi gives us the best chance to play our style of football so I can see where you are coming from.

I’m just so hesitant to drop any more points at this early stage of the title campaign.

Would you take a draw on Saturday now or put a team out to risk the win?

I’d always go for the win especially whilst our players are still relatively fresh at this stage of the season.

The only time I’d sacrifice a line up is if we’ve got a CL tie sandwiched between two massive Prem games to be honest.

1 Like

Wenger said he’s injured the same knee, same area as he did last season. We could be missing him for 6 months again. Hopefully not because he’s been so disruptive in the middle for us. Bossed Chelsea today. And a much better passer than most want to give him credit for, probably to spare their blushes. The Xhaka, Santi partnership is gonna get a chance now for sure.

:’(

FUCK

6 months! That’s devastating for him; another one of our players to be cursed by repetitive injuries. Such a shame, as he’s much better than he gets the credit for.

Sorry didn’t mean to mislead, they haven’t mentioned how long he might be out. I’m just assuming since they said it’s the same knee and possibly the same injury, he might face a similar amount of time out injured.

It’s best to just expect the worse in these scenarios. He was immense today though, such a shame for him.

Out for 6 months???

It’s unconfirmed…only speculation as of yet

Oh fuck! It would be so devastating for him :frowning:

Could be a blessing in disguise for us, though, tbh.

1 Like

I saw him walk down the tunnel a few yards away. He looked absolutely devestated and had the right hump on the bench too. Hope this isn’t because he knows its bad.

Wouldn’t go that far at all considering how well he’s been playing, as much as I want Xhaka to be starting a Xhaka/Coq pivot would be handy in certain fixtures.

If he is out for a prolonged period it’s quite a loss.

2 Likes