Francis Coquelin

Looks like Coquelin will be out for a long time, Marcelino said he suffered a suspected ruptured achilles in training.
https://twitter.com/Generaldepie_/status/974609212469805058

Fuckā€¦ ruptured Achillesā€¦
Get well soon, Coq.

2 Likes

Terrible injury, shocking news for the Coq.

Heā€™s done as a footballer.

Good luck Francis!

I thought that a couple years ago to be honest

1 Like

Why? He was born in 1993, not 1980.

It doesnā€™t matter once you tear your achilles and develop scar tissue there you never have close to the same acceleration, which was one of his strengths.

Good interview with Coquelin here

Great to see him doing well in Valencia

6 Likes

Never quite good enough for the top level in the PL, but could do a Job for a team outside the top 3 in Spain. He always had the heart and for a while he looked promising but as time went on he was found out and left wanting. Best move for him was to move on and start afresh. Good luck to the guy.

2 Likes

Is this actually Le Coq?

2 Likes

That moustache is very noncey

the only opinions sanchez cares about are his dogs

Francis knows he wonā€™t understand a thing and he doesnā€™t have any friends to explain it to me

Le Coq.

1 Like

just goes to show you can be an ok player with a bit of coaching

Hmmm, I think he is about where he should be for a player in his prime years.

He was never bad for us, and actually had a lot of decent performances over his time here, but he was just another DM that wasnā€™t a top DM playing DM for an Arsenal team that didnā€™t have a top DM but needed a DM.

7 Likes

Coq santi midfield will forever be in my heart. They complimented each other perfectly.

3 Likes

Was always more a case of Santi just being a world class talent. If he had a real midfielder beside him we might have challenged for the title.

1 Like

Nah, thatā€™s hyperbole. Our problems werenā€™t in midfield during that partnership, the main one was that our best striker was giroud followed closely by our questionable defence.

6 Likes