Freddie Ljungberg

Ornstein confirmed he will be a new youth team coach.

Thought he should have a thread.

4 Likes

Should be interesting.

Although having Pires Lehman etc. hasnt done much for our performances in recent years haha

We’re going to have the best charity legends team in the world.

4 Likes

Welcome back legend! Him and Per to work together?

And might I add…

“Ljungberrrrrrg! This is awesome from Arsenal!”

(On going 2-0 up at Anfield in spite of having only 10 men in December 2001)

1 Like

Does Pires actually have a job with us though?

I thought he just turned up each day of his own accord :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah he basically hangs about and trains with the lads but you’d think some of his talent and nous would rub off on them haha

1 Like

Does Pires not work here? Haha I thought he turned up and trained while he was in between strange football jobs but just assumed this time around he was properly there for work :sweat_smile:

Have you seen the Pires - Reiss Nelson video on youtube? He doesnt sound very knowledgable of football to say the least. :gabriel:

Freddie rejoins as U23s head coach

5 Likes

As long as it keeps him out of the tv studios. He’s such a bad pundit but hopefully better coach.

1 Like

man is he boring as a pundit :smiley: when both him and Lagerbäck are on together I just mute it and put some music on. Lagerbäck will just go on about the physique of some player and the collective defence of some team and Freddie just states the obvious in the most pc way imaginable.

1 Like

Haha I do the same! And he answers every question with a “no, but…” (Nej, men…) :laughing: They are the worst combo to listen to and as you say, very predictable.

1 Like

Pleased with the change…Steve Bould should have been moved on ages ago - no idea what he has been doing for the last couple of years…

6 Likes

This might not be a glamour appointment. Freddie seems to have some genuine talent as a coach.

3 Likes

We move

4 Likes

Haha that last one, fucking freshy bastards

Interesting.

6 Likes

Maybe Ljungberg is there as a fail safe option if Emery get shown to exit half way through the season