Gabriel Paulista

https://twitter.com/yousef_teclab/status/1090379927252279296

:gabriel:

Jesus if he’s anything like he was with us then he probably sat down for at least 3 minutes after that and cried a little bit.

He was a hothead with us, but no doubt he was another hard worker.

Good interview with him here

1 Like

On Arsene Wenger…

“He helped me a lot to be another kind of person on and off the pitch. He was respected by all the players and staff, but the atmosphere was so noticeable. On a daily basis, you could tell these were his last moments at the club. It showed. We knew he could go at any time."

Very telling and would go a long way to explaining why nothing worked in the end and everything just became one big haphazard mess with no cohesion.

6 Likes

Another interview. Gab has been busy! haha this is a very good one aswell. Worth a read

1 Like

He’s got a long way to go to catch Hleb up

1 Like

As underwhelming as he was for us, if he was here this season, he’d be getting plenty of first team football.
Compared to some of our CB’s, he looks top quality. :grinning:

Saying that, he will be here this season, playing for Valencia along with another Arsenal reject, Coquelin, who might also get a bit of first team football if he was still playing for us.

1 Like

I’ve said it before, but Gabriel is a good defender. But this high line Barcelona-esque bullshit Wenger felt like he had too use made everyone look bad. Another reason to hate those Catalun cunts tbh.

5 Likes

Agreed. There was potential in Gabriel he just came to the wrong team.

1 Like

He didn’t bother to learn the language of his teammates. They had to learn Spanish and Portugese to instruct him. That’s a major problem in defensive organisation. That and the fact he’d sometimes pass to and assist the opposition was a problem.

I found him quite dumb

1 Like

Got bullied by a 15 year-old Rashford for fucks sake, he has no right to speak this way.

3 Likes

SIU! Wenger was sabotaged!

For anyone who hasn’t followed Gabriel. He’s been great for them and has evolved into an absolute leader for Valencia.

Having said that, highly rated Koulibaly didn’t look much of a rock as expected.

I’m convinced by your choice of picture alone he is now a BEAST!

6 Likes

Hopefully he isn’t a beast today. It’d be nice to see the Arsenal Gabriel in their defense, not the Valencia Gabriel.

1 Like

There’s a huge grin on Gabriel’s face, eyes wide almost in awe. “It was as if I had scored,” he says. “It was a big surprise to me.

Like this: :gabriel:

:smiley:

Nice he’s found a good home at Valencia, best of luck to him there, although maybe let in a few for old times sake tonight please :wink:

2 Likes

Another good (not great) player that was mismanaged by our team.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Arsenal CB go down and cry as much as Paulista, and we’ve had some total cry babies in our teams over the years.

Guy was a little bitch who had no desire to learn the language to better understand his team mates. We’ll wreck him tonight.

3 Likes