Granit Xhaka

Cheer up mrhappy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best player on the pitch my the length of the Nile

2 Likes

i am just pointing out things OA style

4 Likes

He is definitely starting to find his feetā€¦ his role in the Chelsea goal though was a bit of a comedyā€¦ will be key how our season goes how he does imhoā€¦

He bossed the midfield today.

Gonna be so key for us this season.

3 Likes

System definitely seems to protect him more and I think itā€™s important we changed our system to get more out of him given the importance of the midfield.

8 Likes

Yeah I think this is rightā€¦ It also seems to have been revelatory for Ox and somehow has completely destroyed Bellerinā€¦

Agreed, he has been much better since we changed systems and weā€™re seeing the player we spent all that money on. Hoping well see a lot more of it too, he was a signing that quite excited me.

1 Like

Another fantastic performance from this beautiful man. Great delivery for Kolasinac. Proving his doubters from last season wrong.

1 Like

the player wasnā€™t in doubt; but the managers ability to use him.

1 Like

Hard to distinguish the two honestlyā€¦ sometimes players just donā€™t fit a system/team. I am still reserving judgment - some of the praise is OTT as much as some of the criticism. He definitely struggled more once Chelsea decide to press more and his wild clearance and pathetic header attempt lead to Chelseaā€™s goal.

Having said all that, he has progressed a LOT over the last 20 or so games in my estimation and looks like could be a very, very useful player for us. We are still missing a proper partner for him in the middle and i worry about this. El Neny worked his nuts off today and is a trier, but he is no Santi.

Quality performance and a great assist.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/afcvideo/status/894278218970263552

4 Likes

Thereā€™s plenty to doubt about Xhaka.

2 Likes

Breakout performance. Could be our anchor.

2 Likes

Back three helped Xhaka to have more tranquility and freedom to play the ball. Iā€™ve seen the best of him with this tactic and intelligent players as Ramsey and Elneny.

The only player capable to kill him is Coquelin. This is why Iā€™m in favour to sign another top class midfield.

5 Likes

That is his Achilles heal, not having time on the ball. He is not an instinctive passer of the ball, and neither is his technique as flawless as a Xabi Alonso. So he needs a second or two to look up, decide what he wants to do and execute it. He will do well against most teams but will struggle against the likes of Liverpool and maybe the Scum who like to press high. If Arsene uses him wisely, he will definitely be a key player for us.

I just hope he doesnā€™t have those crazy moments this season.

1 Like

Not a surprising performance by any means. He was our best player in the last 2-3 months of last season too.

3 Likes

This tweet is doing the rounds again at the moment. The ā€œjournalistā€ seems to be blocking everyone who questions it :joy:

https://twitter.com/GraemeBailey/status/851548594318581760

4 Likes