Happy St Georges day

Come on then have a pop you lefty

. xxxxx

Romania, Portugal, Georgia ,Catalonia Aragon Malta and Gozo.

And Happy birthday and death day to the Bard ā€¦

Happy St Georges Day!

Or in Catalonia they say, Feliz Dia Del Libro!

1 Like

I might have done but Iā€™ve already made myself look like a cunt once today.

haha what the fuck is this beef between SLAG and Jakey?

Was it because of that offhand UKIP comment? :joy:

Yeah, but wouldnā€™t go as far as to call it beef haha. The above isnā€™t some sort of continuation though, itā€™s me poking fun at myself, and a reference to the picture SLAG posted in the OP :grin:

2 Likes

Happy St. Georgeā€™s Day. :+1:

What do people do on Georges day? Drink lots of tea or something?

thats just a normal day. Tea is life.

I have to admit, I had to look up ā€œSt. Georgeā€, as I really didnā€™t know him.
Apparently, he was a Greek guy who may or may not have existed, did or did not serve as a mercenary in the Roman army since he wasnā€™t able to get a proper job, may or may not have fought a ā€œdragonā€, and got himself killed (or not) for blatant insubordination.
Interesting choice of ā€œsaintā€. :grinning:

and i suppose any german patron saints are better. :smile:

:facepalm:

1 Like

indeed.

St Boniface is from England

Tea and cream cakes you fcks !? Happy St Georges Day to you all !!

Fuck St George, nothing to do with Englandā€¦St Alban is da guy

He won a poll on the BBCā€¦ Id go for St Edmund who was the patron before St George was adopyed by the French spealing royalsā€¦ Edward III

I believe St George became popular in the late Middle Ages, in the same manner as the English aristocracy co-opted the legend of King Arthur. No doubt someone wrote a book about him and he became fashionable, and before long we were beating up the French in his name. As a German Iā€™m sure you appreciate that :wink: