Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Stupid, stupid move. Bringing a 29 year old that has been incredibly inconsistent through his career just to feed Wenger’s delusion that he can still compete.

2 Likes

honestly fair play on this deal.

made the most out a shit situation mismanagement had got us in from the summer, but got what could be a useful player for Alexis who would still be worth a lot in the current market.

We were never getting enough money for a proper Alexis replacement now anyways, so getting a player is good.

It’s more than what we would have got off City this window.
Now I’d still have rather we sold to City than United but you have to say they have been cunts over this whole thing.

Tapping Sanchez up in the summer, dicking us around with shit £50 million bids that they knew we weren’t going to accept until they got serious in the last minute. Finally bid £75 million on deadline day when wehad no way of getting a deal in for a replacement, and Lemar had fallen through by that point cos it was too late.

Then getting their lackeys like Balague to say in the press how much Sanchez wants to play for footballing god Pep, and just in general being disrespectful to us by acting like he was their player already. Tapping up to an extent that Liverpool would have probably complained to Interpol by then.

So sure were they that Sanchez only had eyes for them, that they treated us like shit, lowballing us even though they have spent £50 mil on defenders, £30-40 mil on Mangala and other horrible buys. They don’t mind overpaying to get deals done.

We know they could easily have increased their paltry bids of £20 mil to the £35 mil we wanted. But in this one case they try to fuck with us. Well they got done by United. Now they complain about how they had a gentlemans agreement in the summer with Sanchez, while he was still under contract with us, acting like they were entitled to him. They lowballed with RVP as well I think. They got form doing this with our players.

Well, I just wanna say fuck City. Cunts.

13 Likes

You ain’t gonna nickname him Mickelodeon, are ya?

1 Like

Define success ? I think he will be s pretty reasonable player here but won’t be anything like Alexis will be for Man United.

2 Likes

Or sanchez could go there and not like Maureens style of play and start being a disruption and a petulant little wanker.

2 Likes

His name is really easy to spell

1 Like

I found it hard to spell Bentdner, FFS.

(I still dont know if I’ve spelt it correctly)

nope it is Bendtner haha

3 Likes

haha oh dear

1 Like

Video of Raiola and Mkhi at the hotel

1 Like

Meaning we have read Ornstein’s twitter :joy:

1 Like

Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen
Not for me , I’ve only just learnt to spell Iwobi , Muckywankidoobry is going to frazzle my ancient brain !!

1 Like

Triple word and double letter score in Scrabble !

1 Like

Read he was a popular figure in the squad at United. Compared to the reported unpopular Sanchez we may benefit more from this deal.

Sanchez could have sat around and gone for free in the summer. The fact that we got half a decent player in return is actually a miracle.

Obviously this farcical situation could have been avoided, but we are here now and this is as good a deal as we could have hoped for.

9 Likes

January Sanchez deal was better. The only issue was that Sanchez and or his situation clearly created some type of disruption and disharmony within the team. The second he’s gone we explode for 4 goals and look like the Arsenal of old.

He’ll perform v poor teams like we played today but this signing doesn’t excite me, he’s one of their rejects and he’s reaching 30 in a year

No treasure for Wenger and the board to hoard. Sad for them.

Everyone complaining about his age lol

This whole age has gotten so out proportion in the modern football fan base, it’s fucking ridiculous.

You don’t stop being able to play football as soon as you turn 30.
It’s not like there’s some magical law that says once you hit 30 your footballing ability dies and you can no longer perform.

We could very easily get 3.5 excellent years out of Mkhitaryan if not more. Many other players have proven that if you take care of your body you can still be an excellent player well into your 30s, even if you might not be pacey.

6 Likes

I highly doubt we will get more than 2 seasons from Mkhitaryan and he seems like the guy who will balloon up once he retires so I don’t see him taking good care of himself.