Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Alexis won us points but I think breaking down 5-6 attacks per game cost us points too

I actually think Alexis would of ruined the fluid attacks of Man City but Mourinho’s United who don’t commit many players forward probably benefit from having such an individualistic player. Still I don’t think Lukaku is an ideal strike partner for him.

3 Likes

Disagree Sanchez is a wide player that scores a goal every other game, he’s one of the top 5 players in the league and no point us having sour grapes just because he’s jumped ship to United.

2 Likes

Who’s having sour grapes?

Sanchez didn’t want to stay. Cheerio. We get a good player in return. I’m very happy tbh

1 Like

Can’t label it a downgrade just yet.

If we have a more functional forward line and we become more efficient in attack its certainly an upgrade.

As far as goals go Laca will more than compensate with 30+ league goals if he’s being supplied with an abundance of chances I predict he will be with two top level creative players behind.

His goal against Palace is how I want him to play. I want him to focus on movement in the final third and probing the oppositions defence rather than trying to craft intricate link up play deeper on the pitch which he isn’t really capable of. Lets the creators create we just need him to cap off smart play with goals

I expect ozil and other attacking players to get 7+ over a full season too

Agree 100% but by saying that you’ve just triggered @Aussiegooner

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was meaning 30+ league goals from Auba. 30 + league goals from Laca is just crazy stuff unless we start getting awarded penalties at the rate we concede them.

It’s funny really, both sets of players in this transfer essentially represent the character of each manager they will now be playing under. We were pretty much on the cusp of signing Mick before he bailed out last minute, however, judging what kind of a person this Mino chap is like, the influence of getting the best deal for himself could have been a prevailing factor in that.

We now get a player who I’m sure will feel the comforts of Wenger’s way, for good or bad, however this could be a revival of sorts. Hoping he has the fire to prove to everyone that he wasn’t a PL flop. I really think he suits our way of football.

I’ll account for PEA when his transfer is confirmed. Otherwise it’s pointless to factor him in.

Good chance he doesn’t come all things considered. It wouldn’t be uncommon of Wenger to take Miki only this window

30 league goals for Laca is more than plausible

Why was mickey tarrying on the move?

We’re getting the better guy :sunglasses:

https://twitter.com/mugaisj/status/955063468943728641

2 Likes

Chilean pimp.

To be fair as a former student £1000 is like giving to charity :sweat_smile:

I tried that as a student meself. As it happens, no one wants to pay a bearded man a grand for a shag.

8 Likes

You weren’t a marketing student, then. £999.99 would’ve worked for you.:slight_smile:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/955094334096986114

No real funds for further signings if done, yet our net spend over the last 2 windows would be about zero even if it’s done.

1 Like

That line that keeps on getting put out is such bollocks, it’s the same whether we’re in the CL or not.

Who would believe that?

3 Likes

Is he our first Armenian?

I think he was even the first Armenian Premier League player. So yeah.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it officially reported that Lemar bailed out on us. So we decided to keep Sanchez? So not like Wenger didn’t want to sell but our replacement was gone.