Ivan Gazidis

This is deffo happening.

I guess it’s fine if he leaves after a while I guess. Still makes zero sense but whatever.

1 Like

We’ve moved from selling players to selling club officials, Progress.

3 Likes

Is it possible to find a competent CEO with expirience in such a short notice… feek we r doomed lads

I’d imagine unless Ivan is a snake this has been percolating for a bit so we have had at least some time to start lining up people… not ideal at this stage of the season though.

2 Likes

His jobs done as far as I’m concerned, we seem to have decent footballing people in the right positions at the moment and a negotiation team that can finally get a deal done. Most of this wasn’t true for the majority of his tenure, whether that falls to him or Wenger I don’t really care. I’m sure there are competent CEO’s out there that can carry on this glorious post-Wenger reformation.

4 Likes

Right. Don’t shoot the messenger.

I asked if Gazidis is done as reported by Sky. I was told. “It’s close” “Wenger already gone”.

Blimey.

1 Like

We don’t need one to do anything until Jan anyway. Be grand.

CEO? At short notice? #WelcomeArsene #ReturnOfTheKing #kony2012

1 Like

That is interesting to hear. Its true that they usually print any old shite so it does make you wonder why they’re all totally quiet on this when there’s a lot of chatter elsewhere.

Is there any reason for the British press to know anything? I doubt these kind of moves are Milan makes an official bid to the Arsenal transfer department kind of thing. Any Arsenal sources they have could know nothing.

I think Gazidis is with the team in Singapore also, i read he talked about ozil in one of his press conferences.

Yeah, all signs point to bullshit… but it’s probably not out of the realm of possibility.

1 Like

The Italian newspapers tend to talk a lot of shit just to sell more copies.

1 Like

Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick has issued the following statement:

“We are aware of the speculation surrounding our chief executive Ivan Gazidis. We know he receives many offers from organisations inside and outside the game as he’s a hugely respected figure. He has never accepted any of these opportunities and has never spoken about them publicly. He has always been fully committed to taking Arsenal forward and is currently working hard in Singapore with our new head coach Unai Emery as we prepare for the new season.”

3 Likes

Well there you go

1 Like

Doesn’t really shut it down completely though does it?

Let’s see I guess.

Yeah, seems a bit of a statement for statement’s sake. There isn’t even a line saying they believe he’ll stay at Arsenal. If anything, I think it adds more fuel and opens it more.

He’s definitely off after that statement IMO.