Jack Wilshere

The exact frame of mind Wenger approaches every season with.

6 Likes

Have some Turkish family but never been, wasnā€™t aware of their British diet. Jack fits in perfectly then :grinning:

Itā€™s thought he is not open to a move abroad and would like to stay in the Premier League, but Arseblog News understands Wilshere is not agitating for a move, and could spend the next 12 months at the club before leaving on a free next summer.

Course heā€™s not. He agitated last summer and it was fucking pointless. We should have told him to fuck off last season and either stay or be sold. Heā€™s now gonna spend a season bumming about on our bench and then fuck off for free.

2 Likes

we are a joke with the type of players, keep them whilst they add nothing to us they take wages then fuck off for nothingā€¦this clubs needs a kick in the fucking arse, they keep on going on about balancing the books etc but the most simplistic things they can do for money they just donā€™t seem capable of doing.

1 Like

If he will stay first and will have a good game timing he signs the new contract.

Fucking take the 10 off him. Annoys me that this sicknote has it and he never plays while we have the best #10 in the world wearing #11 :angry:

3 Likes

Does that genuinely annoy you?

7 Likes

Wilshere and Ozil have been #10 and #11 for 4 years and everyone seems to have survived just fine.

Apart from approx 4 psychos on this forum.

4 Likes

Small annoyance

10 would look better on Ozil. Nothing wrong with thinking that

Ay, I just had a think back to when Jack was given the #10, when he was our saviour who suddenly got injured, when Cesc said that Arsenal would be fine because theyā€™ve got Jack Wilshere one of the best midfielders in Europe, when he would come back from his injuries and immediately be the best player in the England squad. Ok, yes, we overrated him, England overrated him, he stood out so much for England partly because England is shite, but still, heā€™s fallen so far. Not only does he not get a look in for England or Arsenal but he barely did for Bournemouth down the stretch last season.

What happened exactly? I would love to see a well-written, well-analysed post-mortem on Jackā€™s career at the top level. Heā€™s lost his burst, certainly, which was a big part of his game and going past players, but certainly there is more to it than that?

He got injuredā€¦

Before that he was regularly overlooked for a stretch of games. He got injured in a sub appearance if I recall correctly.

I donā€™t know if Bournemouth had an another injury with helped Wilshere. He got consecutive starts against Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs before his own injury though.

I donā€™t think he was overrated at all.

His development crashed and burned because of the utterly absurd amount of time hes spent injured. Much like Diaby.

Obviously this was a major factor but Diaby was still getting chances for us, and rightly so, at 26-27, and looking like a top class player (at the beginning of 2012-13 before getting injured) having played even less than Jack has in the last few seasons/season before.

The Diaby comparison isnā€™t a good one, Diaby was a different level of talent. There was at least some level of overrating with Jack, thereā€™s no other explanation for falling as far as he has. Look at Thiago, who has also had a career riddled with injuries, but every time he comes back is still a top, top class player.

Diaby was a frustrating bag of shit. He done more in his career for Newcastle than he ever done for Arsenal.

Youā€™ve really been the pioneer of the Diaby was a top talent movement. Very inconsistent and frustrating figure.

1 Like

Nah, others got my back (@Titou14 @Maxi_Gooner give me some back-up here brethren!). He undoubtedly was a top talent. If we could recover my best post of all time (BPOAT) from the old forum I could speak better to why you are wrong.

Anyways, that Abou Diaby was a top talent and a once in a generation talent, a mix of long, languid, brilliantly sexy legs and grace and 10/10 technique is a truth like Jesus of Nazareth was the son of God and died for humankindā€™s sins, not my problem if there be a bunch of hater and heretics out there. :kroenke: