Jack Wilshere

It’s the other way round. For some reason people got taken in by a version of Diaby that never really existed. The Diaby of the odd good performance basically reverse Kaiser Sose’d people like your good self into believing he did exist.

6 Likes

^^^ Right here. The truth.

No, because he did exist, because I saw him, and there’s statistics to back it up. Hence when the discussion of his performance levels in the 09-10 season was brought up on the old forum and I actually did a statistical dissection of it (in, to repeat, Cuéllar’s BPOAT)–or even when he was criticised for poor performances in one of the few games he played in 12-15 and the statistics again didn’t back it up–the haters went quiet and just continued with baseless, ‘funny’ slogans/mottos like the one Darkseid posted, or like the ones you typically post.

1 Like

That post was as forgettable as a typical Diaby performance. (I have loads of these)

1 Like

We often find things that clash with our pre conceived notions or biases to be forgettable.

Happy birthday, man! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers man although as I was born in/live in BST there’s another 45 minutes to go here yet. :smiley:

AC would probably faint if he ever actually met the guy

Wishere was young, hungry, tenacious, skillfull, nimble, and intelligent. But he was never overrated. He got huge praise from legends Xavi and Iniesta after this game. He was only 19.

5 Likes

Fenerbahce away was Diaby in his pomp. If you look at that 73 minutes in isolation you can build a convincing case for Abou being the best central midfielder in Europe.

I was in Istanbul for that and the standing ovation Diaby got from the home crowd was unreal, it was like the Creator assumed human form and his name was Abou.

3 Likes

So this is how one makes Cuellar cum in his pants without touching his dick.

5 Likes

All talk of Diaby and Jack and how good or bad they’ve been is irrelevant to the coming season. Last year we desperately needed creativity, close control in tight situations, high tempo midfielder and someone who could dribble the ball up the pitch would be a big bonus. Our midfield was so static without Santi. Jack offers all those things. He offers it better than anyone we could potentially sign.

My main question mark is can he get the pace back he had in his younger years? He didn’t have it or need it as the playmaker at Bournemouth. He needs it here.

^ Needs to strip some KG’s IMO, be lighter again like his 10/11 season

Look who is back! Why hasn’t he left yet?

@Persona :hipster:

1 Like

World’s best #10 (kit no.) and Oezil. :giroud3:

@Luca_from_Italy He hasn’t left because he’s come home. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

He’s gonna win us the league :hipster:

1 Like

Si eso es justo lo que pasó…

1 Like

This is Jack Wilshere FC.

3 Likes

Diaby at times looked a special player. Potential was certainly there for a monster CM, but he’s a classic case of talent without consistent application. For all his skill he made too many bonehead errors. Certainly question marks over his game intelligence. Granted he was young but it was no less frustrating. It’s a slightly similar situation to Gervinho but I think it’s clear Diaby’s potential was far more valuable. Wenger had a lot of patience with him (and rightly so) but with injury problems like Diaby’s there’s no taking part at this level no matter how good you might be one day. I don’t know how so few can see that there was something pretty spectacular to develop and nurture there. But anyway it hardly matters now.

I’m not sure it’s exactly what you mean but the application and dedication it must have took for him to keep trying and working hard to come back from injurys all while one of his legs has got shorter due to the amount of surgery he had shouldn’t be overlooked

Plenty of players would have retired at a much earlier stage than diaby

I guess you could say he probably should have retired a bit earlier himself but still

A decision on Wilshere’s future still hasn’t been made. Though doesn’t sound like Wenger is keen on keeping him around.

https://twitter.com/markymbryans/status/893947219551891456

https://twitter.com/markymbryans/status/893947222458544128

https://twitter.com/markymbryans/status/893947223234490368

1 Like