January Transfer window thread

Cant see Auba signing till Dortmund secure a viable replacement. Nowhere near done IMO.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Mhiki is our only aquisition. We know how this ends.

5 Likes

You are the one questioning Arsenal supporters having the audacity to frown about our transfer dealings.

You defend Wenger and the club constantly, yet you seem quite happy for us to drop out of the CL, sell our best players to our rivals, while making a profit.

I suggest you look up our wages increases post Highbury to dispel yourself of this notion. Cos it’s not true.

I am aware. We had a significant increase in staff count as well to account for that.

We perhaps went wrong by paying youngster bit too much.

I am happy indeed.
Gosh man

1 Like

PARDEW: NO APPROACH FOR EVANS

Alan Pardew says West Brom have received no bids for Jonny Evans and will not allow him to leave late in the transfer window.

Arsenal and Man City have been strongly linked with the Northern Ireland international, who scored against Brighton last Saturday to help Pardew record his first Premier League win as Baggies boss.

When asked if there had been any approach for Evans, Pardew replied: "None.

“Is it a worry it’s dragging on? From my point of view there is no bid so there’s nothing to discuss.”

Don’t ruin it by signing Evans Wenger plz

https://twitter.com/ArsenalFC_fl/status/954005961458372608

Would take Richarlison tho. Good player

2 Likes

For a team of Watford’s level he is.

No thanks.

2 Likes

Diving cunt, tbh. His form has dropped in the last months though.

His cheaty antics put him up there with Herrera in players I despise.

2 Likes

He’s only 20 I think he’s gonna be great. Get him now.

I don’t think so really, he has a lot of talent and is incredibly raw.

Granted he needs refining but he could become a top player if he puts it all together, at age 20 in his first season in the PL he’s probably Watford’s most important player already.

I didn’t realize he was 20 so I’ll give you that he can become better. But talanted and raw seems exactly Watford’s level so I don’t see what you disagree with. He isn’t good enough to start for us and given as you said he is a Premier League’s side most important player and Brazilian, his price will be inevitably inflated. I’d hate for us to be the ones to take a punt on him, especially since we don’t have the manager to improve him. He is no better than Iwobi currently.

I agree with you, it’s not like Wenger can take him to the next level and above if he has the talent to get there.

However, considering we’ve lost a few of the likes of Chamberlain who were players that seemingly had the potential and ultimately fell way short at least at this club we definitely need to be scooping up a few genuine potentials for the next manager to polish. I think we could be missing a huge trick by not at least locking down Malcom to sign in the summer.

I’ve checked. You’ll still be able to Google pics of him after he leaves.

12 Likes

The stalking I partake in will be a little more difficult though…

Such a defeatist.

2 Likes

Does Andy Carroll’s ankle injury cause a ripple effect that hampers our chances of signing Aubameyang? :grimacing: