Jonny Evans

If City are interested it’s ok. Experienced CB.

Evans is just a sticking plaster signing. Not a bad player but it wont change or sure us up at the back. Wengers whole approach from midfield to defence invites teams on to us.

1 Like

The hole that is Xhaka isn’t going away with signing a defender. Will still have a tough time without midfield protection.

4 Likes

Hope Cleverly is next tbh

7 Likes

I assume that if we sign him we do so, because of the retirement of Per and the youthfulness of three other CBs rather than fix Xhaka.

Clevs, Evs and Welbz. SAF wonderland in London.

5 Likes

You’d get his shirt and everything :grin:

1 Like

@Castiel hasn’t been posting much lately, hoped this link would bring him out of the woodwork :grin:

3 Likes

Why won’t this rumour die :sob:

Tommorow wwe will be told that Sanchez is leaving and we are looking at getting Solomon Kalou to bolster our attack.

I will not let it!

1 Like

We will never be safe from the Solomon Kalou rumours so long as Wenger or Kalou remain mortal on this realm.

Supposedly has a release clause of £3m if they get relegated.

There’s no way Arsene’s paying big money if this is true :mustafi:

5 Likes

“We’ll give you £6m now and Nketiah on loan for the Championship next season” :wenger:

6 Likes

Kieran Ricardo James Gibbs back for half the money we sold him for? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Manchester City remain interested in West Brom skipper Jonny Evans but unless Eliaquim Mangala leaves over the next week, the Northern Ireland international is more likely to end up at Arsenal or Leicester.

Evans does have the option of remaining at West Brom where he has 18 months remaining on his contract.

However, that might not suit the Baggies, who know Evans would be allowed to leave the Hawthorns for £3m in the summer if the club were relegated.

Manager Alan Pardew wants to fund the purchase of a striker he believes is requred to give his side the best chance of avoiding the drop.

West Brom should definitely sell now then and buy a couple of players with the money, probably their best chance of staying up

I’m kind of happy that City have decided to buy Laporte.

It’s a big “fuck you” to West Brom for putting a ridiculous price tag on Evans, as City have decided he’s clearly not worth that and gone for somebody else.

And if they lose him for £3m then that would just be hilarious.

5 Likes

They’re arguably getting a significantly better CB with a higher ceiling, many more years to go and (I could be wrong) a less concerning record of injuries. It’s a no brainier.

3 Likes

Just saw his defending for the 1st goal :rofl::rofl:, also gave away clumsy free kicks in dangerous positions.