Kelechi Nwakali

As expected he’ll go on loan, was always very unlikely he’d be granted a work permit. His brother is on loan at the Norwegian club IK Start from Manchester City.

1 Like

Was it a bit of a coup that we landed him? Supposed to be rated or something? Anybody got an idea of his qualities?

Question marks???

Voted the best player at the Under-17 World Cup, which Nigeria won. Here’s a scouting report:

WUNDERKIND WATCHING; THE KINGLIKE KELECHI NWAKALI

Is he one of the players involved in the age scandal that’s just broken?

nope

No, he’s an u20 international, the scandal involves the u17 group.

He’s going on loan to the Netherlands. MVV Maastricht.

That’s cool, we’ve already got Stefan O’Connor on loan there too.

Trained with the first team today, he’s still going on loan to a Dutch team but his paperwork hasn’t been completed yet.

I reckon this guy could be good enough for the 1st team in the upcoming Seasons, him and Asano could be very good options for us!

Scored his first goal today. Supposedly he has been very impressive in the last month, when he has become a fixture in the starting lineup Its the Dutch second division so I wouldn’t get too excited but so far so good.

1 Like

Jonker was at the game, seems to be doing well and getting a lot of minutes.

1 Like

https://streamable.com/gw5mm

7 Likes

Its interesting that Nwakali seems to be played in wing and advanced positions that are allowing him to dribble, make risky moves, and explore his creative potential in attack. With the Nigerian youth teams he seemed to play largely as a deep lying central midfielder pulling the strings and controlling games with his passing. He seems to have a lot of different skills and abilities and it will be interesting to see where he eventually ends up on the field.

Liked what I saw in that video. Thanks for sharing.

Good skills!

Looks a good talent but I don’t often get excited about youth prospects given how few of them actually succeed at the club.

4 Likes

Interesting, I knew he had been switching between a deeper role & 10 but wasn’t aware of him playing wide too.

As far as his Arsenal career is concerned probably the position his needs to focus on anyway.

If Ozil is going to be here for the long haul that is.