Kieran Gibbs

He’s been senSAISStional :grin:

He has gone a bit under the radar what with playing next to Neves – who is God’s gift to football. Neves gets all the plaudits, but actually they make a good team.

And Wolves fans really like him. I saw an end of season Wolves review and they gave him 8.5/10.

I’m sure you’re aware of what he can do, but one of his strengths is long balls. He has played more accurate long balls for Wolves than the goalkeeper – Wolves are the only team in the division where the GK isn’t top of the long passing rankings. He makes it look easy. He has scored some good goals too.

He plays in defence for Morocco, right?

2 Likes

Yeah he tends to play in defence for Morocco. I have high hopes for him in the summer though and hope he can have a good World Cup for us.

I do hope he gets a chance in the PL next season though

1 Like

Gibbs almost certainly has a relegation release clause. Probably part of the reason we got so little for him. I’d guess the clause is about the 7m we sold him for.

What a move for Gibbo!

2 Likes

Do it Gibbo!!!

2 Likes

Some move if he went to Serie A.

I used to get worried if Gibbs sneezed to hard.

Wish him well but was very glad he went as his injury proneness was mental. Don’t think I ever watched him in 5 games in a row!

Italy would probably suit him a little better physically and he might even complete a full season.

From West Bromwich to Miami. I’m sure he’ll hardly notice the difference.

7 Likes

Good move for him :grin:

1 Like

Fucking sick move.

He gets to live in Florida where there’s no income tax, he’ll probably earn a cool $100k+ and it’ll be incredible weather all year round.

Good for him, wish him all the best. Probably the best retirement move ever for a player like him.

5 Likes

Yeah but he will be among Americans

3 Likes

Swings and roundabouts :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Seems a strange choice for a marquee player but good luck to him.

1 Like

Has it been confirmed that he’ll be their marquee player?

I don’t think he will be.

They can spread $5m across 1-18 players in salary as they see fit with a maximum of $600k on one player.

Pretty good chance that he’s just a solid player with a PL profile and then there’ll be another actual marquee player who will get the big bucks.

Well I’ve only a basic idea of how it works. I more so meant one of those players who will earn much more than the majority of the squad. Is there usually 3 or 4 of them no?

A marquee rather than the marquee?

Kieran Gibbs could be playing with Messi and Ronaldo in a few years, quite an upgrade for him :sweat_smile:

Congrats hero.

Lovely player. Shame about the slip in 2009 and the injuries. Had top class talent though. Lovely clearance in the 2014 final.

6 Likes

Usertag checks out

1 Like

That clearance/block/whatever it was against West Brom on some final day to clinch top 4 too.

2 Likes

A game my brother always blames me for watching/following on Soccer Saturday instead of watching the Man City v QPR match.

1 Like