Kylian Mbappe

Only has 2 years left on his contract after this season so I think he’ll leave for a similar fee to what they signed him for to be honest. I know PSG aren’t cash strapped but they showed in the summer with Neymar they’re willing to do business for their players who don’t want to be their if the price is right.

1 Like

In an era where small clubs don’t let themselves get bullied all the time and where transfer fees are really getting crazy I think this is going to happen more often anyway. De Vrij, Hazard and now Eriksen come too mind. I know Hazard was still €100 million (and played for a big club), obviously, but his fee would have at least be 30 - 40 million higher if he wasn’t in the last year of his contract.

1 Like

Wenger spoke about the hunger index a few seasons ago and we all laughed but he wasn’t far off lol

2 Likes

Mbappe will move for 230m at the end of the season

I don’t think this particular part was true tbh:

“I would on that front be on the opposite side. That means the hunger index is higher when the contracts are shorter and it decreases naturally when the guys have long contracts.”

Especially if guys know they have options. This shite only leads to conflict situations. Spurs at this point don’t want to play Eriksen. Sanchez become such a pain in the ass that he had to be sold…

I just can’t get my head around this bloke still only being 21 years old, astonishing to think that season Monaco won the title he was 17 for half the season.

I really hope we get to see his explosive pace and ability in the Premier League at some point in the near future.

4 Likes

21 years old, WC winner, multiple league championships with PSG and probably a bunch of other trophies from the French league. He’s got a real chance of being the world’s most dominant player when Messi and Ronaldo retire.

4 Likes

Kid needs to become a galactico

Or a gunner if he has bad advisors

1 Like

I think Haaland becomes the better striker of the two.

2 Likes

Maybe striker, Mpabbe will be the better all round player though IMO, more versatile can play anywhere in a front 3 and can be just as dynamic.

this guy just pretty much scores for fun, such a deadly finisher with all types of goals as well

Yea. He’s alright.

I reckon he’ll end up in Spain, only club I could realistically see him join in the EPL would be a Manchester one and I don’t think either would suit him.

could see him at Liverpool, him Salah and Mane

This is the excerpt from the Atheltic.

You have done so well since coming through at Monaco and taking it to a new level at Paris Saint-Germain. You play at a team that has evolved into a big club capable of winning the Champions League. It seems you will stay for another year, then there is a big choice to make. It is a bit more complicated for you than it was for me. You have at least two choices — stay in Paris or move to Real Madrid. Both of them can win the Champions League these days. When I was at PSG, that wasn’t the case.

That choice depends on what you want to achieve in football. If you want the biggest accolades, you will have to move from PSG at some point. Whatever you do in Paris will be good, but somebody will always say, “Well, you did great for PSG but it was only in France. The best leagues are in England and Spain, so you didn’t compete with the best players in the best league.”

You will have to decide. If you want to win the Ballon d’Or, which is what you should be looking at to echo Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, you will have to compete with the best. You can’t say you compete with the best all the time when you are at PSG. The French league is not easy, don’t get me wrong, but I think the toughest league is in England. So, if you want to be one of the best, then do what you do in Paris but with Chelsea or United or Arsenal or Manchester City or Liverpool. Or go to Spain to Madrid or Barcelona. Or maybe Italy. Then we can speak about a more global impact.

We can only dream that he would come to us, but I second the sentiment and feel like he has regressed and stagnated since the 2018 WC. Needs to leave PSG if he wants to ever live up to his full potential.

He’s still remarkably young and I think he’s used PSG as a very good stepping stone. I mean we’re being told Saliba should still be in France developing after all and Mbappe is now at the kind of age that players turn their back on Ligue 1 for good.

I imagine it was always his plan to leave at this kind of stage of his career for a bigger league. He can still give 10 years to a big club if he wants to.

4 Likes

Not sure if he regressed but he clearly has been spoiled.

From some of the antics at PSG, to him acting like a bitch the past month since Benzema returned to the French NT, there is clearly an issue with his attitude.

When you have Zidane who was supposed to have an excellent relationship with him and was one of the reasons he wanted to go to Madrid calling him out publicly then you know something is wrong.

1 Like

He may be a bit of a diva now but can’t knock his dedication and drive.

Very few have his talent but even fewer have that out of this world dire to be the best, so may young players have it made by their teens and just don’t have that hunger to go to the top.

Him and his team have managed his career very well indeed so far.

2 Likes

Has any French news source reported those supposed Zidane quotes? L’Equipe or RMC?

1 Like