La Liga

Lovely gesture, once again the referee should’ve let play go on.

And ANOTHER incorrect offside call. Fucking hell

1 Like

5-0 Barca FT. Just a training for them.

1 Like

The best Barça game of the season I’d imagine. Pretty much faultless throughout the 90 minutes.

The main thing was seeing Iniesta get his goal.

3 Likes

Barcelona will be disappointed they couldn’t deliver anything like that in the 2nd leg vs Roma.

1 Like

I was a huge Zidane Stan back in the day but I have to say having lived through them both that Iniesta was better for me. It took me a while to come to the realisation tbh but I couldn’t ignore it any longer.

If Zidane played through the Messi Ronaldo era then he would also not be in the conversation for :goat: either imo

Although I did miss zidanes Juventus days so I dunno if I missed his peak

Girona - Espanyol, Malaga - Real Sociedad, Las Palmas - Alaves and Atl. Madrid - Betis today. Tough game for Atletico @will24

1 Like

Last chance for the Islanders!

1 Like

Espanyol up at HT.

2-0 Espanyol FT.

Malaga 2-0 up at HT.

1-0 Malaga

2-0 Malaga

2-0 Malaga FT. Real Sociedad miss the chance to reach the Europa League zone.

Las Palmas are relegated after losing 4-0 at home against Alaves.

Atletico come close to score. Betis off the line.
Atletico 0-0 at HT. Not a great game overall. Just a chance during the whole half.
Betis hit the post!
The game is still rather poor. Again, only once chance in this second half.
0-0 FT. Very poor game.

1 Like

Bilbao-Levante today.

Bardhi looks like he has had a fun three minutes. Two direct free kicks too. That’s unusual!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/robbiejdunne/status/988504972676489216

1 Like

Would Depor get relegated today?

Not yet, they’re 9 points behind Levante with 4 to play. So it’s all but officially over for them anyway. Not been much interesting competition in Spain this season with Barça winning the league before the new year (if I can say that), the champions league places and the relegation battle being not too exciting aswell. Thank God for Betis and pre-christmas Valencia!

1 Like

3-1 Levante FT. Bye bye La Coruna.

1-0 Bilbao

1-1 Levante

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/dwvrvy

2-1 Levante

3-1 Levante

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/rvzezw

@will24, forgot there are still 4 round ups to go!

Awesome article on Iniesta.
Definitely the best MF I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Can’t believe he played the 2009 CL final, 2010 WC final (two huge career defining moments and massive performances by him) injured!!!

Ridiculous player.

3 Likes

As they should be!

Ferré adds that “Iniesta’s talent is to invent for others. Without him, Messi would have grown tired much more quickly at Barça. His altruism has deprived him of getting even more recognition.”

Lastly, the prestigious magazine said it is “an anomaly” that a player of the quality of the Barcelona midfielder has never won the Ballon d’Or. “Of all the absences on the list of Ballon d’Or winners, his is very painful,” said the editor.

2 Likes

It’s because it became an exercise of giving it to whoever won the CL out of Messi or CR7.

Iniesta, Suarez and Sneijder are just three players who have deserved over the last 8 or so years.

4 Likes