La Liga

He is wrong.

ā€œWenger masterpieceā€. He loves to play his lovechilds without any reliable alternative.

Not missing out on the buy back clause (like Ā£10m i think) was a big factor in Barca signing Deulofeu I bet, if he fails theyā€™ll sell him easily for double or more.

3-0 Denis Suarez. Game over.

True, I forgot about that part, that there was a clear business side aspect to it.

Have to say Denis SuĆ”rez, on the other hand, is a player who always seems to do well when I watch him. Clever finisher, his finish against Getafe on Saturday was top class. I thought BarƧa would give him more chances in centre midfield but AndrĆ© Gomes really kinda fucked him and now with Paulinho as wellā€¦

Pretty selfish there from Messi gotta say, reflects perhaps how little he trusts his teammates at the moment.

1 Like

Classic Messi here. You can bet his shots just from outside the box go inside the net or hit the post.

What a finish :open_mouth:

2 hattrick in 5 la Liga games! Yeah, he is finished :hipster:

CR7, are you watching puto cabron de mierda?

Why do teams insist on doing things like this? He is injured, heā€™s not dying, lads.

1 Like

:expressionless:

Imagine if messi was injured for 6 months will they be in black suits with messi on the back weep and crying with flowers etc

5 Likes

I donā€™t mind that sort of stuff really, especially if itā€™s organic like the time the united players did it for Alan Smith but considering heā€™s been there about two weeks and the players probably barely know him that does look like a whole pile of pr bollocks right there.

3 Likes

4 for Messi. So shit and finished!

Messi, simply put, the best of all time. Donā€™t care what confused Argentines like Maradroga say.

1 Like

Or some portuguese prats :wink:

Wasnā€™t bad seeing God play tonight :sunglasses::sunglasses: Plus @AbouCuellar youā€™re right, Delofeu is waaay out of his depth. The drop in quality is noticeable when heā€™s in a one on one situation.

2 Likes

You caught a good one. I kinda like seeing Messi without Neymar again, he was brilliant with him and SuĆ”rez too obviously, because, well, the guy is god so heā€™s going to brilliant regardless, but I like the return of the Messi show from pre-Neymar.

3 Likes

Yeah 100%. I always feel that Suarez has complimented Messi better (probably due to the fact that heā€™s an out and out forward). Neymar inherently liked to cut in and carve out a chance for himself (usually involving a one-two messi). Denis and Delofeu are not at that level so they naturaly seek out Messi hahaha.

Aside from that, I feel like itā€™s actually good for him to have that necessity, on a psychological level, to carve something out for himself and the team. It allows him to just be god and see what god things come out of his movements. With Neymar and SuĆ”rez he played a bit more just like a brilliant #10. This looks a bit like Messi from Guardiola era.

The 4th goal was my favourite. The ball comes to him and heā€™s got a clear 3v2 and clear lanes to pass on his left and right, practically any player there lays it off to Vidal on the right, probably a decent, maybe 25%-50% chance of it resulting in a goal, Messiā€™s like nah, since I can eliminate defenders at will Iā€™ll eliminate one first, eliminates the defender at ease, now itā€™s 3v1 and basically goal guaranteed.

edit: feel like waxing lyrical about Messi but got a killer flu going and donā€™t have the eloquence on me. Last night I had the realisation that we really donā€™t even get how good Messi is now, weā€™re so immunised to his brilliance. That better than the debate about if heā€™s the best footballer of all time is if heā€™s the most special sporting talent of all time. I think you can make a strong case. Weā€™re witnessing a veritable phenomenon, a genuine 1 in 10000000 gazillion savant.

2 Likes