Liverpool

The new signings could be what they were previously lacking. Fabinho and Keita added to the centre of their midfield is such a massive upgrade on what they had there, that really cannot be overstated.

@Stroller I hadn’t realised that until just now hahaha

1 Like

9 Likes

Nah, Klopp has been extremely lucky. Wenger basically won the CL if not for being screwed by the refs.

1 Like

Liverpool had a successful season.

However weirdly Arsenal reaching 2 finals has been a failure of a season. #LifeisWeird

We reached one final (for the least important domestic cup competition) and finished 6th in the league with only 3 away points in the year 2018 so far.

Liverpool finished in the top 4, made it to the CL final and played some outstanding football along the way.

It’s not really weird tbh

2 Likes

Top 4 trophy for lolpool!! How exciting!!

Oops in my mind We were in Europa finals. Silly me.

No Champions League final and what’s looking like a very well balanced squad is what’s exciting for Liverpool mate.

But you know that.

So the 4th place is like a trophy now? :mustafi:

1 Like

It’s not a trophy, it’s a higher league placing which automatically qualifies Liverpool for Europe’s premier cup competition :slightly_smiling_face:

Wasn’t 4th place some sort of joke?

1 Like

People dismissing top 4 like it’s not important, like it means nothing.

With us, a lot of the piss taking was because getting to the top 4 was our sole ambition. They weren’t laughing at the 4 four achievement in itself – our seasons become tediously repetitive Though I guess you can say our achievement of getting to the CL 20 years in a row was downplayed somewhat.

4th was a joke when there were 4 good teams and we didn’t want to achieve anything more.

Now there are 6 good teams 4th is a more impressive feat. And if you’re a team with any ambition it should be a stepping stone to better things.

6 Likes

I think you mean 5 good teams and us.

8 Likes

Yet all of other teams fell out of Top 4 when it was supposed to be an easy task.
I wonder why

And when they did underperform and fall short they were criticised for it.

I don’t understand the point you’re trying to make.

The point is the evident hypocrisy.
Constant dismissal of Top 4 finishes but now that we are not in it, suddenly it is a really important achievement.

1 Like

Craigie explained it above, you just don’t want to hear it

And then I pointed out that it wasn’t as easy as people thought.
Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City all struggled with finishing 4th despite their obvious financial strengths.

We were consistently overachieving and finishing in Top 4.

Yeah, and I said they got criticised for missing out when they shouldn’t have. So Where’s the hypocrisy?

You rabidly pro Wenger types have such a pathetic victim mentality, always crying about some sort of perceived injustice.

1 Like