Liverpool

I see I’m going to have to try harder to get a reaction out of you sir

2 Likes

so i’m hearing Fabinho hasn’t had the best of starts so far in preseason…

When they win something I’m sure they will be super…

Till then…meh…

:expressionless:

2 Likes

Fuck Lolpool that is all.

3 Likes

:ramsey:

5 Likes

Caption so relatable :smiley:

I just can’t get over how well Klopp has overhauled this squad in his 3 years at Liverpool, half gutting me missed Klopp and ended up with Emery.

2 Likes

For me it was more because we stuck with Wenger when Klopp was available.

3 Likes

Yeah I was desperate for Klopp when he was available.

1 Like

Liverpool are willing to invest in the team. look at our woeful transfers over the years including the recent one

4 Likes

This.

Yeah it feels like a wasted opportunity.

I think Liverpool know that this team won’t last forever. FSG have been around for 8 years and only come anywhere near the league once when the league was pretty weak. So they might as well go in hard now and try to make things happen in the next 1-2 years, rather than bide their time, adding a player or two every year and hoping it all clicks and nobody gets injured or poached. Now it looks like they have what’s effectively a complete team that should last for a good 3-4 years.

I can see why people are generally miserable about our window now. We’ve bought players who aren’t for the future but also aren’t enough for us to compete now. Maybe we’ll be active again in January and maybe next summer but if we don’t then it’ll be a case of phasing a player or two in and phasing a player or two out every summer and never having a complete team.

Especially with the way prices have been going for the last 10 years, it makes sense to get your investing done up front and spend less in the future, than to continually be spending on a team that is never completed and never enough to compete.

5 Likes

We wasted so much time to argue if Klopp was better than Wenger…

Missed out on Guardiola, Tuchel and Allegri if reports are to be believed as well.

1 Like

Pep was never coming here lol.

1 Like

Fuck off let me dream.

Point is there was no desire to get those guys.

Tuchel should have been nailed down for us.

1 Like

I think there may have been some desire but it was tempered by the fact they would have severely reduced influence plus lack of funds.

In any case it’s a damn shame we didn’t end up with one of them.

1 Like

^^^ This.

Wenger never intended to leave, management never intended to find Wenger’s replacement. I don’t even believe Emery was really a candidate at all.
Okay, last season up to a point that they had to fire Wenger, then they start finding who was available at that time.

1 Like

Reality is Wenger should have been given the arse 3 years ago and we should have been fighting tooth and nail with Liverpool for Klopp. Likely we would have won also as we had CL football and a better squad than them at the time.

5 Likes

Yep Wenger should have been sacked at the end of 2014/15 going out on a high of ending the 9 year trophy drout with back to back FA Cup wins.

2 Likes