Lucas Torreira (signed, closed)

How do you even find this :joy: Arsenic is incredible haha

They are a dull team to face. Wouldn’t be surprised if they reached the semifinals like in 2010.

Yeah. Nothing gets by him

:smile:

10 Likes

I think I’m in love with his friend.

The agent of Lobotka has been quoted saying Arsenal signed Torreira and won’t sign his player.

Lots of smoke here and I reckon this is done - its ok to wait until Uruguay is out to announce - this is the way Arsenal do business.

Want to see us nab a top winger now… Anyone after Lozano is going to be buying massively high, so I imagine we look elsewhere, which is ok by me.

2 Likes

Should go for Lozano, imo.

If we keep Ramsey and sign Torreira I think it’s unlikely we will sign a winger. Ozil will make most of his minutes as right winger in that case with Mkhitaryan on the other side.

1 Like

Why would any sane human being waste the best number 10 in the world on the wing? Should we stick Bellerin up front too?

2 Likes

Would be a very worrying sign to see Ozil on the wing at this stage of his career, would make little sense.

Ramsey should be on the wing

1 Like

The why is a good question, but it seems that way looking at how business goes if Arsenal give Ramsey a long term contract too. Arsenal give Xhaka and, maybe, Ramsey long term contracts and are signing Torreira; that’s not business to bench any one of them three. It also fits Emery’s cautious nature.

Emery had the tactical nous to play left backs at wingers at Valencia. Don’t say that too hard about Bellerin. There is good chance Emery might think about it.

Ramsey at the wing. Lol.

Ramsey did play the RW in parts of the 14/15 season and start of 15/15 season. Not that i like that at all, but Ozil on the wing just seems a huge waste + it doubles the defensive workload of the fullback who has to behind him.

Just because it has been done a couple of years back doesn’t mean we should do it again. I’ve read somewhere Emery wants his wingers to come inside and have overlapping wing backs. Ozil will get the freedom to pick his spots and interchange with Mkhitaryan. Under Emery we’re are going to be set up way more defensively. I think the game will get easier for our defenders in his set up.

Dont get me wrong, i would rather we sold Ramsey and bought a proper winger. I would never ever put Mesut on the wing, and tbf i dont think Unai will either.

1 Like

Yeah hopefully this discussion is completely moot in lieu of any sample.

Pre season will be interesting.

I think an forward line of Ozil - Aubameyang - Mkhitaryan can be quite exciting. But we obviously need to wait and he what happens. It’s really dead silent around Ramsey.

We would use a 4-3-2-1 in that case. It’s a bit different from a proper 4-3-3.

Its not the best test, especially with Russia playing with 10 much of the match, but I like the look of Torreira so far. He’s a quick feisty little fucker, he’s pretty confident and nifty on the ball at the base of Uruguay’s diamond midfield, and without the ball he seems to be consistently well positioned.

3 Likes

Spot on. He’s clearly a player ideal for the press both defensively and offensively

2 Likes

Just saying the word press makes something in me pants press. :henry2:

2 Likes