Manchester City vs Arsenal (Carabao Cup Final)

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :arteta:

1 Like

I feel for him
I watched it free and still feel disgusted… He paid 90…

1 Like

On a side note the 2nd goal proves to me why VAR is surplus to the game. The grey area thats the offside rule is useless on things like that. The only time today I will agree with Wenger but Sane is interfering with play.

2 Likes

Diabolical , gutless and disappointing display. Our performances are an extension of AW himself .
The quicker this overrated manager goes then the quicker The Arsenal can return to the force it once was.

2 Likes

My group left after the 3rd one went in around 65 mins (i might have had a mini tantrum) with what seemed a lot of other people, first time I’ve ever felt like doing that / actually done it in a cup final :frowning:️ Not proud but I mean it was just an awful performance. I take it things didn’t improve much between 65-90 mins?

Man City shouldn’t be better than us by that margin, chequebook or no chequebook. 2005 Fa Cup final we were outplayed all game but there wasn’t the lack of effort you saw today. It’s actually unexplainable. I’m caught in a malaise of wanting to know why they play like this and just not caring again until post-Wenger

10 Likes

I did not feel a thing when we brought Welbeck and Iwobi on in the 2nd half, and no way our game play would be better by inserting 2 shit players on…
This is how crap our bench is right now.

The disappointment is we fucked everything else up. FA cup completely thrown away, 4th is over and an EL victory is a long long way away. We have a hard time with shitter teams and get told “it’s their cup final” is why they played so well.

Well, we were the shitter team today in what was literally our cup final and we flopped. This was our only real chance to take something from this season.

Like seriously, how are City better than us by bigger margins than we are better than Sutton United?

4 Likes

Welbeck came on? :smile: Pretty much a perfect day for the Man City fans then. I hear they were cheering when our players completed a successful pass towards the end

4 Likes

I don’t hate city all that much. They are just like the hillbilly family that won the lottery, they don’t know how to conduct themselves as a proper team now that they’ve struck gold.

1 Like

I should’ve tried your method :smile: (:grimacing:). Mine can get in the bin for all the good they did!

1 Like

Knowing how much easier we are to breakdown than Wigan wrecked me today.

I take the game isn’t worth watching and the seeing the goals is enough?

1 Like

Have you Milan booked already? Maybe just don’t bother actually buying a ticket for the match.

Fair play for lasting 65 mins.

Milan’s such a lovely city so it will just be a city break with a football match thrown in at the end :+1:

I have criticised people for leaving early in the past, but I understand it more now. That Arsenal performance didn’t deserve my £72 and certainly not 90 minutes of my time. Felt good at least that I avoided the Wembley Way post match queues for once, especially the idea of being stuck in it with all the City fans. No thanks

2 Likes

Well, they stayed behind to watch their team lift a trophy… it’s easy to forget that there was a trophy at stake after watching our performance :laughing:

There seemed to be a steady flow of people leaving from the 60 minute mark onwards so it may not have been that busy come the 90 minute mark. I left at about 85 minutes and managed to exit pretty quickly, but we drove and parked about 10 minutes walk away, so avoided the train station.

When I left, people were marching out singing that “how is Arsene Wenger still in work?!” song :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I love that song, so funny :smile: What section were you in?

That’s the sort of performance you can get in a cup final when you have a manager that doesn’t deserve to be sacked no matter what he delivers.

2 Likes
1 Like

Are you deliberately misquoting me and then ignoring my replies when I respond to you?

As I said last time you accused me of this – which clearly you either didn’t bother to read or completely ignored – I agree that he deserves to be sacked. You got that bit? I AGREE! Maybe I didn’t make that clear in my original post or I worded it wrong, but to clear things up, yes I think he deserves to be sacked.

I want Wenger to go and I don’t really care how he goes. If he is sacked I will still celebrate. I’d just rather he quit, but it’s not something I believe strongly in, just a slight preference. Probably because i’m “too nice” or soppy or whatever. But still, that is NOT the same thing as believing that someone doesn’t deserve to be sacked. I know he deserves to be sacked. Only a moron would think he didn’t deserve to be sacked.

So if it’s OK, can you stop misquoting me now? Thanks.

3 Likes

I was just past the corner, lower tier. Block 126 I think it was.

Yeah that song is pretty cool, especially when you have a big group of people walking along all singing it together :grin: