Mesut Özil

Need to motivate him to play like this all the time. Sure Conte is tactically giving us all the space we can eat every time which is probably Özil seems to thrive vs. Chelsea, but the same spaces are given during quicker counter-attacks as well and maybe a c. midfield that can move the ball faster (like Jack can) will allow him to play in more space as well.

1 Like

I take it you haven’t watched many games in the last 3 months then, pretty much every Ozil performance has been of similar level as displayed vs Chelsea.

2 Likes

Exactly.
It’s a shame that we didn’t get to see, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez and Lacazette in the same attacking line up, and that only Lacazette will be here next season.

I don’t know what it would take to get Ozil to stay but what ever it is we can’t, or won’t, give it to him.

that’s exactly how you should take it lol

no I watch every second of them, and my point still stands.

Maybe winning the Europa League to get back to the Champions League?

1 Like

I’m not saying we will but there’s absolutely no reason we can’t do this part. We have to spend whatever to replace him anyway so its another way we could use it. I’ve removed the part of your post that makes my point moot. :smile:

I agree, we can afford to give him a signing on fee.
It would be cheaper than buying an equivalent player and we already know he is world class, so we have a player that wouldn’t need to adjust to the PL.

But i don’t think he wants to stay here, and unless no other top European club comes in for him, which seems unlikely, he’s going to another club.

He will be our only genuine elite player, and to lose him would be a real indication of how Wenger has lost his ability to attract, or keep, top players.

If Wenger stays as manager and he stays here he needs his head testing.

Get you while you can Mesut!

Ozil staying would be huge.

13 Likes

The incentive for Ozil to stay is that he will be our undisputed best player.

We must do everything we can to keep him here, especially after losing Sanchez.

Pay him what he wants, build the team to his strengths and stop dithering and surround him with the players he deserves.

3 Likes

So, if Ozil stays and we then sign Auba and Mkhi this is me thinking about the future of the club:

https://m.popkey.co/ac4d32/0JWdD_s-200x150.gif

I’m getting sucked in again guys, I really am. Someone bring me down to earth.

18 Likes

Wenger will fuck everything up and we’ll never see Mikhy, Ozil, Laca and Aubameyang play together, because either we won’t sign them all, or there’s always one or two injured.

I’m totally sucked in as well man, I was doing fine up until a few days ago. Fuck sake. Want my life back

4 Likes

Image buying Laca, Mkhi and Ozil signing a new contract.

:giroud2:

NO, FLY YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD.

I’ll be here to catch you when you fall :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

I think the incentive will be that he isn’t being offered more money elsewhere. If he is he’ll be off. Do United or City want another player on 300k a week? Do Barce or Real or Bayern?

That’s what it all boils down to.

1 Like

That or Wenger will insist on leaving Mkhi and Auba on the bench to make room for Kola at CB, AMN at LWB and Ramsey, Wilshere, and Xhaka in midfield. Ozil lone striker.

1 Like

Here you go

1 Like

:facepalm: My bad! I clearly meant Auba.

Özil will sign a new deal. He’s just waiting for his “German” mates to join, right @Luca_from_Italy ? :grin:

4 Likes

Good thing they don’t learn from the past.

3 Likes