Mohamed Elneny (25)

Played in Egypt during a revolution but doesn’t want to go to Leicester.

Fair play.

8 Likes

We have a very tiny midfield. Wouldn’t bad a good move to sell a reliable player like Elneny.

1 Like

These kind of players are holding investment in the starting eleven back. He needs to go ASAP.

We need to sell one more player to meet the squad list requirements, as mentioned on the Summer transfers thread, so this isn’t actually all that surprising. However the more sensible move would be to not register Cazorla or sell/loan Wilshere

Would it really be sensible to loan out a player with 1 year left on his contract? May as well give him a free transfer or let him terminate his contract lol

There seems to be a transfer related theme with Robin lately of not thinking things through.

1 Like

Just delete the words ‘transfer related’ and be done with it, you cruel beardy man :triumph:

2 Likes

Looked comfortable at CB today, although I’d hate for us to use him as a bit-part player and let someone like Chambers go, breaking even in the process.

Too many utility players in this squad: Elneny, Ox, Le Coq, AMN. Seriously need another CM whizzkid to shore it up.

3 Likes

Comfortable with the ball, without he has too weaknesses to continue as CB.

5 Likes

Pretty sure I read wenger said before the game he liked Elneny in the middle of the back 3 then after the game say elneny wont be playing CB again??

The beauty of pre-season and why its vital.

1 Like

Some of his passes were quality yesterday.
He is average player but as a squad player, quite handy.

3 Likes

Xabi Elonso.

1 Like

He’s a bit like Arteta: nothing special, but he does everything quite well.

Xabi Elnonco

Maybe not…

His best performance for us?

4 Likes

Was fucking excellent tonight.

Go on Moh!

2 Likes

Yeah he had a top game, still want to see a more attack minded lineup than we had tonight when we play fodder type teams at home.

1 Like

He was great!

If he can keep playing like that or midfeild options suddenly don’t look so bad although I’m not sure you see that type of performance with ozil in their instead of Ramsey

1 Like