Nabil Fekir

I think Liverpool will cave eventually.

Yup Liverpool will cave like we caved with Lacazette.
Not enough high quality players available at 40-50m

Iā€™m assuming this thread being so quiet means thereā€™s not been much chatter about him moving somewhere?

Would be a great addition - maybe he is crocked? (didnā€™t he fail medical or something?)

Seemed he passed it but they were ā€œconcernedā€ and tried to lowball Lyon despite agreeing a fee so they killed the deal.

He played 30 league games last season with 28 being starts, think Liverpool knew they were spending a shit ton of money this window and were looking to save where they could and it backfired spectacularly.

Think the keeper situation became a bigger issue and went big on sorting that out. Already had 2 new midfielders and added Shaqiri on the cheap to bolster the bench imo.
Not sure we get too see him in England now.

Roger thatā€¦ go get him then!

Would gladly swap Laca for Fekir. Cheers big Weng

2 Likes

Well, of course, everyone would. Theyā€™re not comparable players in the least, though, and Iā€™m sure even Wenger would swap a healthy Fekir for Lacazette if he could. Fekir naturally will cost double what Laca did if heā€™s healthy, though.

Would gladly swap Lacazette for Messi. Cheers big Weng.

1 Like

hahaha, I prefer your response to mine.

It doesnā€™t seem that unreasonable a thing for sevchenko to have said if youā€™re coming at it in terms of the fees, given that the 50m odd fee reported isnā€™t miles apart from what we paid for Lacazette. But yeah, totally different players.

True, tbh I have no idea how Liverpool negotiated such a low fee with Aulas; either way Iā€™m guessing we probably couldnā€™t get such a fee, if he is even willing to come to us, or if Aulas even would negotiate with us. I guess you could make the argument that we shouldnā€™t have spent our silver bullet with Lyon/Aulas on Lacazette, but that argument certainly has its problems considering our need for a striker last summer and the state of Fekirā€™s fitness last summer.

I donā€™t think the fee was particularly low. It seems in line with what City paid for Mahrez and whilst Iā€™m not asserting that Mahrez is the better player, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a market to pay much more for an unproven (which he is the grand scheme of things - not that it takes away from his quality) player with fitness concerns.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s fair enough; I would argue heā€™s in a different talent bracket than Mahrez but like you said, the fitness concerns are obviously an important factor here.

1 Like

If you just pay Aulas what he wants I donā€™t think he would be that unreasonable.

I also thought if was the fitness situation. Liverpool is not even prepared to pay the agreed sum after tests.

Yeh Mahrez is a title winning EPL POTS while Fekir has never played in a real league.

When healthy I donā€™t think itā€™s really much of a question which is better. The difference between the PL and France is not as big as youā€™re making out, even if itā€™s admittedly not a great league.

The influx of French talent in England has made it also clear that this League has nothing for French players. Mahrez came from Ligue 2.

1 Like

We canā€™t afford him as we are skint as fuck but Iā€™d love Fekir as our big summer signing to partner with his boi :laca:

3 Likes