Cars

I’m in the market for a new car. I’ve test driven two and they are both great, would both suit my needs on a practical basis are more or less in the same price bracket…and I can’t decide which one to buy.

Peugeot 308

Kia Stonic
http://images.car.bauercdn.com/pagefiles/76480/kia-stonic-08.jpg

I’ve owned a Kia before and loved it, no experience of Peugeot. Kia has a 7 year warranty compared to Peugeots 5 year one… Peugeot will give me a better scrappage deal.

Any thoughts would be welcome :grinning:

Have no clue about cars but on appearance I like the grey one better :slight_smile:

Personally the 308. I actually know someone who owns one of them I believe and they really know their cars. So I’ll assume that they made an educated choice when buying it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Kia everytime for me. Good luck

They look like the type of cars you buy when your fully comfortable that the best bits of your life are over.

6 Likes

308 was high on my list when I last looked. Would definitely be my pick of the two (assuming you’ve already ruled out the obvious alternatives)

What did you end up buying?

My dad used to run a garage. Honestly speaking, pick the one with the longest warranty and best cover for parts. You’ll find around 5-6 years into a cars life is when you’ll have to start forking out.

Kia 7 year warranty is an attractive proposition.

But I have no idea

Of the two you’ve put - Kia no doubt.

Quality wise from experience I say Kia, no contest really. Peugeot make great cars but not a car you want to own more than 3-4 years.

Well that split opinion should really help you out :neutral_face:

Go for neither and get an Audi instead.

How old are you out of interest? I’m totally with @Gunnerpr they’re a proper dad two kids in high school Sunday lunch at the pub and asleep by 7 kind of car

2 Likes
  1. Didn’t drive until i was 24, cars so far have been Corsa, Corsa, Cee’d and Octavia. A car is something to move me and sometimes some stuff around. Practicality and reliability are very high on my list. I’ve never been asleep at 7 in my life :smile:

Oh god sham, if you want practicality etc. Have you considered Japanese? Uber reliable and practical but they also have a bit of zip about them.

Like a Mazda 3 or something?

It’d be the Kia for me and with the 7 year warranty it’s a no brainer.

I’ve been sceptical of Kia for quite a long time and then a trip to Iceland during the summer we ended up with a Kia Sportage and did around 2500km. The cabin was actually a nice place to be, the entire car genuinely surprised me, we took it off road and drove on the crazy Icelandic F roads and through rivers, the thing just took everything I threw at it. So much so if I was in the market for a family car I’d definitely consider it as an option.

I had an A5 Coupe once and that was still the best car I’ve ever owned.

Nice little motor if you’re a soccer mom.

Fair enough man, I always thought you were younger I don’t really know why, in a good way of course. I guess my taste is completely different to yours as I wouldn’t drive either so now I feel my input was a bit unwarranted given your requirements, apologies!

When buying a car the two most important factors are the heating and the radio. Never mind all this 0-60 bollocks and this mph mullarky . Heater temperature and wether or not the car has DAB radio
My choice - check the heater and radio bugger the make ! I’d take a skip on skates if it had DAB fitted . Gotta love PlanetRock

2 Likes