Matchday Chat

#awkward

2 Likes

Might sound a tad silly but have you tried looking in the permissions of the actual site instead of on the chatbox? Could be a conflict there.

No response at all, Mysty.

1 Like

Nope, not getting it. shame, would have been nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hastag SackMysty

1 Like

good old Mysty, the public face of everyone elses fuck ups :relaxed:

6 Likes

I think saw numbers floating on top of the ball for a few second just now.

Love the chat. Especially on Mobile.

Think the edit & delete option is unnecessary.
Wish instead of profile pic, we had usernames as remembering profile pics & to associate with members is bit daunting.

In old OA chat, I liked the font color options which gave the contrast between all the comments but then again Mo would use that annoying blue font, so this is fine.

Thanks @Trion yes, I agree usernames are needed for sure. I’m hoping this will happen in one of the next releases of the plugin. The font colour I think is not needed and just makes things hard to read, I didnt like it on the old chat and I think having it uniformed is much easier to read. My personal preference. Edit and delete thing, might be an option to get rid of that, will take a look.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there a way to customize the size of Chat box?

We have widened it for desktop. You can customize in the style sheet.

It looks good and easier to use than the previous MDC.

Try to not get banned from this one then.

8 Likes

Very nice lads great work!

1 Like

Is it closed now?

Some additional notes from a staff perspective. It seems clicking the close the thread doesn’t stop from members continuing to post in the chat box.

However, I went back into the Admin panel settings, removed all the User Level 1-4 members from permissions and that seemed to do the trick.

Might need to come up with a better way than having to do that each time :slight_smile:

And I really can’t wait for Names to appear instead of avatars. Made myself look like a right idiot :joy: :facepalm: Sorry @Trion @Calum!

1 Like

A bit if a mess for iphone users from what i saw, but maybe that is sorted now?

1 Like

Yeah, same here, Iphone user who couldn’t type fuck all.

Would like to hear some more feedback about the MDC now it’s been used a few times. Still lots of things to weigh up.

not a patch on the old one sadly. no user names can’t read what you missed. doesn’t look like you can have the same kind of conversations and banter you had on the old one. boring and bland as everyone types in black ink. Its the only thing thats been made worse by the forum move IMO

1 Like