Nick Pope

We haven’t been linked with him but I think he would be a great replacement for Cech in the summer, has really impressed me since he was called up to replace the injured Tom Heaton for Burnley, and has also been better then the other english keepers this season and probably deserves to be called up for England in the summer as the number 1 keeper if he keeps this form up for the rest of the season.

I remember when he was at Charlton and was annoyed when Burnley signed him as a number 2 keeper for Heaton 2 summers ago, he was finally given a chance at Charlton in 2014/2015 after being sent out on loan about 10 times to terrible lower league teams.

He definitely has earned this playing time he’s getting at Burnley and I hope he carries on improving, and also hope we do sign him

1 Like

He looks good. Wouldn’t mind him here.

Can’t imagine they will bench him for Heaton when he’s back. Looking calm and solid of what I’ve seen and made some great saves.

I wonder who will be #1 in the summer. Hart hasn’t been good and for once there are many to choose from. Pickford, Forster, Butland, Pope, Heaton and even Foster.

1 Like

Cech will remain our GK until Arsene leaves.

When GK’s like Pope play in a well organised defence, like Burnley, they look more comfortable and confident, which is what Cech looked like at Chelsea.
I know he is older but for a GK he should be in his prime, so it Cech’s age or ability that is making him seem less capable.

Pope would be a decent signing but until we get a better organised defence, he could easily go the same way as most of our other GK’s.

1 Like

Think we should be looking at Alban Lafont for our next GK. He seems the most likely to turn into a De Gea like talent, and that’s the kinda talent we need at GK under Arsène. Someone who can do what De Gea did against us because god knows the chances will come.

Like his reflexes.

1 Like

Yeah, can’t say I’ve actually seen him play or even watched a youtube video on him, but from what I’ve read he’s got those superhuman De Gea reflexes.

1 Like

I can watch Ligue 1 on my Tv so i am gonna take a look at him.

to make sure he isnt a fraudulent french baguette? :henry2:

1 Like

For sure :ozil2:

1 Like

Would be a good replacement imo as Dyche said one of his three keepers will be leaving this summer so should be easy to get

1 Like

Do you have equity in that website?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Landing Pope could be the devine intervention we need :wenger2:

3 Likes

Blasphemy.

I Pope he’ll be good.

2 Likes

Cardinal sin

2 Likes