OA origins/Favourite moments

My memories of OA before it went to the new format was trying to stop people hacking the site. That was painful. Thank god we moved away from VBulletin.

11 Likes

Thanks for the other kind words but I’m pretty sure a lot of people on here would still describe me this way haha

3 Likes

Add repressed little monogamous bitch in there and yeh.

I doubt that my friend :grin:

Remember summer of 2013 when it was constantly hacked and was down for ages.

Think it was down for a week if I remember. That week was torture haha as did not know what to do with no OA :joy:

3 Likes

For this new site, Discobot’s arrival was awesome. Also that scum supporter who pretended to be an Arsenal supporter from Botswana or something, was pretty funny. I remember on the old site the Proper Nutcase guy was great as well.

Been here since 2009 but I have a bad memory, I can’t really remember back that far. What was that other American guy? Pwned? Thought he was a good poster. Only thing I really remember was The GFP and his noods lel that was pretty great too tbh.

4 Likes

oh yeah, the botswana Tottenham guy was brilliant hahahahahahah

2 Likes

The week before we switched to Discourse completely, people couldn’t even access OA with Google Chrome. Google had blacklisted us, vBulletin software was infected and we couldn’t fix it.

That would have been OA’s final week of existence had Discourse not been there to save all our lives.

Fucking hackers though, bastards.

5 Likes

Wow :open_mouth: really?!

I still remember when the forum was deserted during games, and at most you’d get someone commenting at half time on how it was going because accessing OA really required a desktop or a laptop.

Even the Champions League final thread just went dead at kick off.

Different fucking times :joy:

4 Likes

I think this happened with many VBulletin Forums around this time and many suffered in terms of being closed down. Really the timing of us switching software was incredibly lucky and fortuntate.

This thread really took off very nicely :smiley: Some brilliant memories. Keep them coming folks!

@BigWeng_4LYFE Ahh who can forget pwned. He tried so hard to become a wannabie Football hooligan, he eventually got banned, for reasons I can’t recall. Was a shame as initially he was a good member to have around here.

In terms of old school members, Thomas89 was a quality member. Always liked his posts. I miss Zaphod from here. Never any bullshit with him and as pointed out, his photos from Iceland were always welcomed. Who remembers the other ‘Invincibles’ guy from around 10 years ago? He had a thing for Sosh (who hasn’t :arteta: ). Wasn’t too happy to be overlooked for a mod position lol.

What about some love for the girlies of OA? To name a few from the past, Sara, Sosh. El Bee. Proper old school members may remember Miss Holland. Then of course there’s our regular three today of Jade, Robin_L and Zara :slight_smile:

1 Like

What made you finally come back to OA then Mysty? :slightly_smiling_face:

You of course :henry2:

6 Likes

I ship it. :giroud3:

1 Like

Lies. You told me Calum was the reason you left… :wink:

1 Like

I’m honoured :wink:

Ahh you got me, I cannae stand that wee Scottish @Persona wannabie :hipster:

2 Likes

I can’t be someone who doesn’t like Love Island :sunglasses: