Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (signed, sealed, delivered)

If we were willing to pay above 50 million for an inferior striker, it will be annoying if we miss out due to stinginess on PEA.

Penny pinching Wenger will probably end up buying Carrot instead

4 Likes

?

3 Likes

Andy Carrot.

11 Likes

This is usually how the beggining of the end of the transfer starts. Confident we won’t be getting him now. We’ll blame it on being priced out.

This window was looking promising a week ago but now Mhiki for Sanchez being the only business just feels a bit of an anti-climax.

7 Likes

Think it’s just posturing by Dortmund tbh, we’ll get him for around the €60mil figure that’s being quoted.

His relationship with the club is clearly untenable so it’s not like we’re after a player that is settled and doesn’t mind staying.

Can’t keep acting tough when your best striker is missing game after game because he doesn’t want to play for you.

5 Likes
1 Like

For a few seconds I thought it said we agreed a fee :disappointed: massive comedown just happened when I reread it :joy:

John Cross putting his cards on the table

Yeah this will go on untill Deadline Day. Jim White will have a great day

3 Likes

Aubameyang for 50-60m is the going rate, but we all know Wenger doesn’t pay the going rate unless it meets with his valuation.

There is simply no excuse for not getting this done.

He has not only just sold our best player, he has sold him to Man U and has strengthened Mourinho’s side, one of our biggest rivals, and weakened us.

He has also sold Walcott, Chamberlain, Gabriel, Gibbs and Coquelin for around 100m, so there is no excuse about not having the money, unless his main ambition is to make a profit.

The supporters have had to put up with always losing our best players only to replaced by inferior ones since we moved to the Emirates.
It’s about time we started buying quality rather than selling it.

Stop dithering, stop being so tight fisted, stop being stubborn and spend what it takes to get him, and while your at it, give Ozil what ever he wants as well.

Mkhitayran and Aubameyang should be the bare minimum in this window.
Anything less is just an insult to the people who pay his wages.

4 Likes

We never choose the easiest path :xhaka:

Don’t see why we wouldn’t buy PEA for 60m when we’ve already spent 50m on Laca, clearly an inferior player, and tried to spend 90m on Lemar. Think we’ll get our man this time around.

5 Likes

We should do.

I think the fact that Wenger has already sold Walcott, Chamberlain, Coquelin, Sanchez and there’s been rumours of possibly Welbeck as well, must mean he looking to fill those places with quality, rather than quantity.

This season is already written off, so getting PEA now, rather than in the next window, means Mkhitayran, Lacazette, Wilshere and hopefully PEA and Ozil, will get some playing time together and be ready for next season.

I can’t see why this won’t happen.

4 Likes

Even InvincibleDB10 is being positive about this move ppl! I don’t think we have anything to worry about :smiley:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/955094334096986114

THE MAIN MAN ORNY

2 Likes

I didn’t say it would happen, just that there is no reason why it shouldn’t :grinning:

I can’t think of many transfer windows where the players coming in are ones that I actually have wanted for a while.

It’s a shame it took our best player to leave for it to push Wenger into action but they are two very good players that could work well with Ozil, Lacazette and Wilshere.

1 Like

Fuck me! You beat me to it :sanchez2:

Guess it’s gonna be Giroud on the move.

:arteta:

LOL

5 Likes

I have his tweet notifications on Luca :wink:

Got to know what the god says as soon as he presses the tweet now button