Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (signed, sealed, delivered)

I can’t speak for others but I respect his updates because what he says is normally accurate. You’ll get a bunch of established newspapers or journalists saying “done deal” only for Ornstein to come in and actually tell you what is going on. Saves you the hassle of guessing which source to trust (even if his tweets aren’t particularly quick).

7 Likes

how can anyone tell whether his tweets are fast or not.

1 Like

I assume you’re not on twitter and if you are you’re not following that much football/Arsenal (ITK-)accounts?

it’s more a question of how do you know exactly when the deal is done. So you can tell who says yay first. Different people say yay every 5 mins and have for a week. Might as well be that Ornstein posts it 30 secs after it’s done. The rest just guessed. How would you know.

Arsenal are intensifying their efforts to sign striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis has flown to Germany for talks with Borussia Dortmund over the Gabon international who is set to cost more than £50million.

It is understood that Gazidis has been accompanied by Arsenal’s head of recruitment, Sven Mislintat who, until recently, held a similar role at Borussia Dortmund and Huss Fahmy who is in charge of contract negotiations at the club.

Arsenal are confident that a deal can be done this month although Dortmund are pushing for a player – possibly striker Olivier Giroud – to be included as part of the transfer

TELEGRAPH

Do this one last thing for us Ollie!

3 Likes

Cause Welbeck is really adequate back up. smh this transfers feels very short sighted

1 Like

Giroud is so under rated it’s ridiculous. Best back up striker in the PL.

6 Likes

If Aubameyang is cup tied rotation will be between him and Lacazette making Giroud a bit redundant. Although I imagine you see Lacazette leave sooner rather than Giroud.

I think that would a good move for him.

I think Giroud will move given a chance to join Dortmund.
World cup season and he has not been played a lot. He will fancy a change to club who just sold their main striker.

1 Like

Jan I remember your Drmic madness from 2014 but…

Mhiki Mesut + Auba Laca = :giroud2:

3 Likes

:giroud: He’s coming home!

Giroud is adequate, Welbeck is shit.

2 Likes

The point of rotation is to rest or provide competition. You can’t rotate two nailed on starters in the first 11. There’s no rest and constantly switching who occupies CF position could be disruptive on and off the pitch plus their exposure to injury increases due to Wenger’s notorious lack of rotation for starters

We need competent alternatives

If Wenger is going to persist with Ozil as winger, like last weekend, Giroud will be 3rd choice. That seems a bit much to me. Rather that he go for an opportunity at Dortmund if those rumours are true.

2 Likes

Giroud will be second choice.

If we need to change the game and Auba and Laca are both on the pitch you don’t move one of them to CF and bring on a another winger in order to change the match. You’d bring Giroud on directly at CF to terrorize defences

Either way you look at it Welbeck is not enough if Giroud leaves

If Wenger is going to persist with Ozil as winger, where is Miki going to play with Auba and Laca in the squad?

I’m becoming slowing convinced again the Auba deal is far from ideal

1 Like

That’s the question indeed; how often are Aubameyang and Lacazette starting together? I think there will be enough matches where they won’t and our wings will be Mkhi and Ozil. Leaving Lacazette on the bench f.e.

But if we go back to 4-2-3-1 and Ozil behind the striker it’s less of a problem and Auba/Laca start together.

There’s no chance Wenger has spent £50m on Lacazette to keep him on the bench for an upgrade he’s signed half a season later. That’s the most un-Wenger like thin I can think of.

3 Likes

Unless he’s really disappointed with him. Like when he paid what was a fair amount (in Arsenal terms) for Podolski, tried him at CF and didn’t work, tried him wide then it became clear it wasn’t a fit and he was phased out.

I’ll be disappointed with Wenger if Lacazette is in the team based on transfer fee alone. Aubameyang is like Kane level and if he comes we need to put him where he delivers the most. If Lacazette becomes less key because of that I won’t complain.

Half of us want Xhaka phased out and he was 35m a year earlier when the market was a bit less crazy. Historically we’ve kept Wiltord, Kanu etc. reasonably important so I think long term Laca could still be important.

That’s true, sure. But like I said. If we persist with 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 with Ozil on the wing there is only room for three players on the pitch and two on the bench. Giroud might be victim of that.

1 Like