Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (signed, sealed, delivered)

Welcome to what should be a busy week, with lots to complete on the transfer front and, of course, a Carabao Cup semi-final against Chelsea to come on Wednesday evening.

Arsenal reportedly sent a delegation to Dortmund yesterday, with Ivan Gazidis, Sven Mislintat and new contract bloke Huss Fahmy all there to try and sort out a deal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. You’d have to think that’s a very positive move, despite the posturing in the press about fees and so on.

You don’t dispatch your Chief Executive, Head of Recruitment, and Contract Bloke on the off chance that something might happen. You do it because you’re sure it will happen. Quite how the deal is going to go down isn’t clear, again there’s talk of Olivier Giroud going the other way, but possibly only on loan for the rest of the season. We can deal with the specifics as and when they happen, but barring any disastrous last minute hitches, it looks almost certain that Aubameyang will become an Arsenal player.

Today’s arseblog

3 Likes

Make. This. Happen.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if this didn’t drag on, we grabbed Auba, went to the Winchester, had a nice cold pint, and calmly waited for this whole thing to blow over

15 Likes

Do it!

I’ll have a Cornetto too please

1 Like
3 Likes

He’s so outta there.

1 Like

Just gotta hope we aren’t getting Sanchezed.

Rescue him!

Dortmund are fucked and no one is falling for this tough “we haven’t received a good bid yet” shit.

They’re a selling club with a high value player who is refusing to play for them, clearly holds them in contempt and doesn’t get along with his teammates.

They’re going to sell sooner or later and probably for a fee that we prefer.

We’ve already got strikers so I feel like we hold most of the cards here.

2 Likes

Which is fine for us, but the word ‘gazumped’ seems to be haunting me right now. The coast looks clear, full steam ahead and boom, just as we’re reeling him in, some pike bastard nicks him right under our noses.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Be great if we got him just for the song.

Au bam er yang do do do

6 Likes

We already knew it. Sky Sports getting an old information.

Get the deal done now.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/955466910581379073

1 Like

I was going to say with all this Raiola bullshit what happened to all those cool foreign players who made their father their agent, and we’ve gone and found one :giroud2:

2 Likes

Arsenal, go get him, and get it done.

---------------------------Laca------------------------
Auba-------------------Ozil---------------------Miki
--------------Jack--------------not Ramsey-------

This will bring me back to watch Arsenal games closely again…

3 Likes

Hope Auba can force a move.

One thing that irks me is that I don’t wanna see neither of Laca or Auba out wide, but you just know its gonna happen.

3 Likes

I think the system can be fluid to allow for some interchanging.

One thing that could be good by potentially having Auba, Pea, Miki and Özil all on the pitch together is that we’ll always have a focal point up top without the need for them to drop deep, frequently an issue we had with Sanchez is that he vacated space and and we didn’t have someone making runs into the box. This lessened when we signed Laca but having a fluid system with two strikers in which both could get in behind could bamboozle a lot of defences.

1 Like