Pre-Season 2016/17

I’m not sure what style he does suit, other than that of a team like Wales who is of lesser quality.

He’s certainly not a #10, we didn’t need to watch him today for that to be confirmed.

He needs to be playing for a club like Everton who consistently plays on the backfoot, in a set-up like Wales where he can both face the play and start deeper than the #10 zones, but not have the burden to be tactically responsible or control in midfield (so needs hard working, sacrificing midfielders both behind and wide of him).

It’s infuriating to still be bothering with dross like him and Oxlade Chamberlain.

1 Like

iwoooooooooooobi!!

Iwobi with good finish but should have passed to Sanchez.

Nice finish from Iwobi that.

Or…or…big or here, what if…and I mean this is a big what if…what if the manager set us up in a formation and style that suited the players that HE fucking bought? I was sick of the “shit Barca” 6 years ago were still fucking playing it.

Iwobi, on the other hand, has impressed, even before that goal. Definitely would start him and Alexis on the flanks in our first XI as currently stands.

@morrisc311 well, I certainly wouldn’t want to tailor our style of play to players like Ramsey (if I wasn’t clear, I can’t think of a top club set-up in which Ramsey would fit in) or Giroud. We don’t really have any coherent style, is the problem, but what Arsène probably aims for in his head is okay, he just doesn’t have the quality or recruit the quality to execute it. So I don’t think we’re really going to agree on this one. :wink:

Sanchez looks so heavy legged.

MDC is open now.

Did I miss the memo when you became staff? :poldi:

2 Likes

Theo gonna get the winner, cmon Theo act like it’s a contract year my dood!!

Behave yourself Santi

Beauty.

Why so quiet, OA? It almost seems like you didn’t want Theo to assist one, make and score one?!?! :thinking: :ozil2:

Nothing I haven’t seen Campbell do.

Edit: haven’t actually watched any of the game.

Good finish and movement from Theo, but I want to see him do it in a game that matters. He is the worst bottler I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt, so I will reserve judgment. Having said that, his movement HAS been better this summer and while he has been mostly terrible, maybe he won’t be quite as bad as I fear.

Oh and Gabriel has to be the dumbest defender I have ever seen… wtf was he doing on that Ineanacho goal.

Definitely have never seen Campbell involved in a move of that pace.

Yeah well I once said that I’d prefer Gareth Barry to Xabi Alonso.

So you can all kneel before me and fucking praise my ability to assess players.

1 Like

Akpom is our leading scorer in preseason if I am not mistaken - and he has less minutes than Theo

:stuck_out_tongue:

Totally meaningless result and performance, but that injury is a big worry.

The footballing gods certainly aren’t favouring us right now are they? :santi:

2 Likes