Racism & Sexism (etc) discussion

Then for a 60,000 capacity stadium, you probably need 6,000 securities (one to ten ratio) to comply this.

Itā€™s 2019, why does it feel like this problem is getting worse?

Far-right politics is emboldening these idiots.

3 Likes

The Sun really donā€™t give a fuck do they?

• But donā€™t worry, Ā£ sterling is on the up

What the fuck :joy:

ā€œitā€™s been quite the journeyā€

Has it? The 2nd one is just quoting him. Itā€™s a big story in football just now. Itā€™s not like pep talk or anything.

1 Like

Itā€™s almost like there isnā€™t an editorial bias against Sterling or black footballers

F365 vs The Sunā€™s Sterling hate is a long running thing haha. Thats what they are meaning :slightly_smiling_face:

very interesting. most appropriate thread for it i thought.

As a tool itā€™s effective to communicate but tribalism and warring nations/ethnic groups pre-dates the written word. The Vikings, The Mongulā€™s and the Arabs who conquored Persia were all illiterate but managed to unify large armies to their cause against foreign cities.

1 Like

Great from Neville here. Super Sunday doing current affairs better than Question Time ffs

8 Likes

ā€œThese are the opinions of a few, Gary Neville and not those of Sky sportsā€¦itā€™s my duty to say soā€.

Walking of the pitch? I would walk out of the f*cking studio if I was Gary and Ashley. Such a shameful thing to say.

1 Like

Bloody hell, the disdain he had for the presenter at the end. Donā€™t blame him one bit. Well said that man.

2 Likes

Have they found the individual(s) who were reportedly racist?

The media in this country are in shambles

1 Like

Sky Sports is effectively his employer. If Neville is dissing the Premier League, Sky Sports have every reason to say they donā€™t agree with his views.

How can Sky Sports disagree about there being a big racism problem in the UK?

1 Like

Read what Iā€™ve said. Neville slated the Premier League. If Sky Sports say (through their conduit of Dave Jones) that they are purely the views of Gary Neville, they are within their rights to say that.

3 Likes

I donā€™t blame Dave Jones one bit, he was probably told to say that on auto cur or whatever it is and tbf sky will always have to distance themselves from strong (albeit imo correct) views.

At the end if the day I do I do agree with Neville 100%. The PFA now have to take action on every single bit of racism in the game and punish it appropriately. Until we get that nothing will change

1 Like

The Brits are the most cunning and smart nation in the world when it comes to racism (and almost any other issue)

Like the CIA of these issues, covert as fuck.

The way they manage to gaslight and manipulate people to keep it under wraps is unrivalled. The Italians for example could learn a lot about keeping it more subtle.

3 Likes