Rob Holding

:clap::clap::heart:

1 Like

Really like Holding heā€™s got a lot to his game, apart from the error where he nearly assisted Rooney was very solid and passed really well.

Gabriel should not be getting minutes over him at all, looks to be a super bargain and definitely the future for us at the back.

6 Likes

Only a moment of madness in the first half, then he played like a veteran.

1 Like

Solid bar that dodgy moment in 1st half

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t even his fault Cech and Kosh were both near enough to clear the ball but they both reacted slowly and expected the other to do the job.

He should have played it first time back to Cech or out for a throw in when he brought it away from goal. He went back on himself and fluffed it, not a big deal but Cech done well.

Starting to think replacing Cech might not be the most vital area we can improve on.

Itā€™s not the end of the world if the back line can protect him so I donā€™t mind Cech staying on as long as we bring in someone like Pickford.

Very good defender. This is what ArsĆØne was searching when bought Chambers and Gabriel or when tried to promote Miquel and Hayden.

He needs still to improve his decision making and only the experience will help him. If the next season the first tactic will remain the back three, Holding should not have the necessity to leave for searching the game time.

3 Likes

Yes been good

donā€™t understand why he didnā€™t start vs Spurs sigh

Probably because the lack of experience conditions his game. In my opinion White Hart Lane was too an hard test for him, much hard and difficult than Wembley.

However, he is the future.

I think he definitely should have played, with Monreal playing left wing back and Gibbs dropped

Iā€™d like to have seen Gabriel at right back, that wqould have given us a much stronger defence

I donā€™t believe he woulda been out of his depth

Holdini was fantastic again today and played his part in the second goal.

Do not under any circumstances drop him Wenger ffs

1 Like

yeah

got to play, why didnā€™t he v Spurs?

insane decision that

1 Like

Only 21 and bossing City and United. Will become a great.

https://twitter.com/Memz_Bey/status/861300036008898561

6 Likes

Weird taste in chewing gum thoughā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Just hope he doesnā€™t go on loan next season like Chambers.

Should be starting every game in this formation. You canā€™t help but feel excited by his prospect, that at 21 years old, he has most of the basics tied together already.

Heā€™s had a brilliant season so far Iā€™d say which sets up nicely for when heā€™s then loaned out to the Championship for ā€˜some experienceā€™ :mustafi:

3 Likes

surely got to start >50% league games for us next year? If not more

looks ready to me and will only get better, reckon heā€™s superior to Chambers

however we could let Per go and bring Chambers back, play both of them (one at a time)

Sunderland under Moyes :mustafi: