Robin van Persie

I certainly agree with that.
Our transfer policy is a shambles with no direction or ambition.
We have been in a constant state of rebuilding and transition since we moved to the Emirates except, rather than rebuilding, we seem to be dismantling.

Reminds me of the whole “sing da ting” saga. Peak Arsenal mismanagement. Cesc leaves, Nasri leaves, that dutch guy leaves…sign a player to a huge contract making him impossible to move. It’s a good thing we learned from that mistake.

:ozil:

1 Like

Yeah, let’s leave that in the past thanks

2 Likes

Remember the song? Or was it a rap? Nvm I’ll just post it here if I can find it. Man, those were the days. I had just moved in with my partner. Little Maddie wasn’t even a twinkle in her mom’s eye. :wenger2:

You mean this absolute classic??

3 Likes

Set up obvs but glorious :joy:

Martin Tyler’s the commentator that lived long enough to become the villain. What a win this was in a tough season.

Fucking good player ,
He moved to achieve more and earn more
Well … what is wrong with that ?
Only those that have no ambition can answer that .
RVP wore the club badge , he will be remembered but he moved on to win titles…

3 Likes

Exactly.
What other top player wouldn’t have done what he did?
You only win trophies when you play for the best team and with the best players.
That was never going to happen for him here and, like every other top player we’ve had, he decided to moved to a club that bought great players every season, rather than selling them.

1 Like

He’s a cunt.

7 Likes

This thread should have stayed locked. :joy:

2 Likes

Almost all of them. I’ve never seen a player digging out his previous club (or current club as it was at the time) so publicly and then being surprised to this day that it went down like a lead turd with fans.

3 Likes

I might be biased, because he is one of two of my favorite players of all time, but I don’t think what Suarez did was that different:

“Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I’d be allowed to go,” he revealed. “I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish – now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement.”

“I don’t feel betrayed [by Liverpool] but the club promised me something a year ago just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League.

Except Liverpool had the leverage to say fuck you (both too Suarez and Arsenal).

1 Like

Well Arsenal didn’t give any assurance to Persie for him to act like Suarez.

Nah, I totally agree, Suárez was basically the same (though a public note on your website as explicit as the one RvP did is a further step from an interview with the media), and how quickly Liverpool fans forgave him for that just shows how fans are as fickle or moreso as players.

I don’t blame either of them for wanting out at the times they did, in fact they were both right in retrospect, especially RvP; the way RvP handled it and especially his recent lame attempts at re-writing history and getting back into Arsenal fans’ good books have been a good deal more cunty though.

Suarez didn’t go to Man U, this is the important difference here. If he had Liverpool fans would hate him more than we do van Persie.

van Persie could have taken a shit on the centre spot of the Emirates pitch and taken a photo of it to accompany his personal statement on his website and we’d all be over it by now if he’d gone to Barcelona.

3 Likes

Of course, but Suárez would’ve gone to Arsenal if Liverpool didn’t have that leverage. The intentions were basically the same, the results/circumstances different.

Yeah fair

1 Like

How is Robin so delusional?

1 Like