Sanchez and Ozil contract situation

This isn’t a case of a Walcott stalling talks because his contract is up and we’re desperate for him to stay. This is Özil and Alexis, I’m sure all the team will understand that they are simply our two best players and deserve what they get.

The worries of restructuring our wage bill should be put aside to the likes of these guys. We already got barrel rolled, Zed style, with the likes of Walcott anyway.

I dunno. Alexis is loved here, he is the golden boy. If he moves to a slightly bigger club he’ll be one of many and wont get away with hogging the ball (in a good way) and moaning from time to time.

I think he enjoys the responsibility here. Just wants some more quality next to him.

2 Likes

I think Alexis hard work rate and goals will have him loved everywhere to be fair. You think a Chelsea, Juventus or Bayern will moan if he loses the ball a few times if he scores 30 a season. I don’t think so. Would love to see him stay, but Wenger won’t make the right signings needed to make this side great. Have my doubts he stays cause the man’s a winner. Top 4 and a Fa Cup isn’t what he signed for.

2 Likes

^^ I know what you’re all thinking, but I promise you do actually have to undertake some professional training to qualify as a journalist :grimacing:

1 Like

The word ‘rebels’ in that headline is a bit strong, though. These guys aren’t ‘rebelling’ against anything. They’re just weighing up their options, nothing rebellious about that.

1 Like

Fair enough. They do want to play with good players.

Not a single quote or even mention of a source. “It is believed” and “are thought to have”… Believed and thought by whom? Typical off season BS. I believe this guy should shut the fuck up.

4 Likes

This is a good article by Tim Stillmann on the ‘Alexis and Özil’ era

Sanchez and Ozil will be the Era of the blown opportunity (15/16). As far as I’m concerned the nail in the coffin of Wenger era as a manager. He die took out that nail himself and gave himself another two year extension though.

What was the point keeping them if youre not going to play them? Absolute shambles.

8 Likes

If we don’t get 4th and don’t win the EL then it’s a massive fail. I’m hoping at least one happens.

I think given our banterlicious style, we’ll make a hash of an EL knockout round at some point. Especially if anyone half decent comes into the competition after the group phase.

2 Likes