Serie A

What’s impressive with Milan is that is that negotiated several big deals simultaneously in a relative small space of time since the takeover was confirmed. The transfer fee aren’t outrageous either. You have to respect that determination and decisiveness in the mercato

1 Like

I know you touched on it but Milan have fallen to a point where they have no recognisable stars, a stadium they find even harder to fill than they did when they were a superpower and haven’t had any European football for years now. Plus the Italian league isn’t exactly a glamorous European league now either. So you take all of that into consideration and I reckon they’ve done really well. And like you also touched on, the FFP really strangles teams in leagues like the Serie A as well.

2 Likes

How could a team like AC Milan struggle to fill the San Siro even in their prime?! That does not make sense, mind boggling l.

Watch highlights of serie a from the 90s and 2000s against the smaller teams, most wed average is 55k a season. Sold out v Roma, Juve, inter, lazio and probably even Parma at their peak, but vs smaller teams like Modena, Piacenza and Bari it was more like 30k even when Kaka and Sheva were here. The stadium is a shithole or was before being done up last year, all matches are on tv in every cafe and house you go to, plus the ultras made it not a great place to bring families when brigate rossoneri and fossa dei leoni were at the peak of their powers and size.

3 Likes

A few people have come out of the wood works to say that they aren’t surprised by Donnarumma actions as he basically did the same thing to Inter before he signed for Milan anyway.

What I don’t understand is that Milan are beginning an exciting project. He could have signed a five year deal and given them a few more years as repayment for giving the then 16 year old a chance between the sticks at a fallen giant that is still one of the great teams in the sports history.

Even if he stayed another five years he’s still 23 at the end of it and still has another 10-15 years of high level football left in him if he manages his career well.

9 Likes

It’s a fast paced world out there and 5 years is a long time to stay somewhere you don’t want to be, no matter your age. They gave him a chance because he is very good, it’s not like they tolerated his short-comings for years a-la Wenga style. They gave him one chance and he took it. Hardly worth 5 years of your life/career.

1 Like

Does the compensation thing for young players apply in Italy?

He’s fulfilling his contract though. I dont see how hes doing anything wrong.

1 Like

LOOOOL
https://twitter.com/TheMilanBible/status/875460692928868352

4 Likes

ohhhhhhhhhh looks like someone gonna be getting staaaabbbbed!!

@Gio, do you know “Il Barone”, a famous Milan ultras leader? :grimacing:

Wonder what Roma aim is. Parades and Salah sold. Rudiger, Rui and Manolas are reportedly on their way out too.

1 Like

Yep, and they are buying no one. Meh…

Wowza Milan, that’s a good signing!

https://twitter.com/bayer04fussball/status/881929909911859201

1 Like

At this rate I might have to follow Milan closely in Serie a next season. They’ve made some very guys so far this window and it’s only early July!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/NaplesAndNapoli/status/885217912998555649

1 Like

He has become such a WC player in the last year.

1 Like

AC having a fascinating summer. Absolutely following them closely next season.

1 Like

Bonucci is close to join Milan! Wow! :cech:

1 Like