Skhodran Mustafi

Yeah, I guess one could say that is alright.

7 Likes

Oompa I like you mate but you’re really reaching here, and I really hate Barcelona but yeah most players who’ve joined them have won something even if they didn’t cement a long term place in the first team. Only the top top talents have. Even Turan who was one of Atletis best players is barely a bench player for them now.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m not sure (Hleb or) Overmars or Song or Vermaelen etc. really think it was the best career move in hindsight. Ending your career climb at 26 to sit on the bench while another group of guys win one or two trophies and that’s that might not be what all of them dreamt of as kids I’m thikning. That most players that joined them have won something might be simplification. People go to top clubs to sit on the bench all the time, I’m sure it is not intentional as long as they’re young, they probably think they have a fighting chance there.

1 Like

I wonder what the chants will be for Mustafi and Perez

54 posts were merged into an existing topic: Arsenal Defence - Discussion

I think Mustafi and Xhaka are going to shore up our defense massively, I think it’ll be extremely different going into this season. Mustafi and Kos can actually jump got headers.

3 Likes

The way Xhaka sits will be immense for us. He’s literally in his element playing as the anchorman and it accentuates his more natural abilities such as his sublime long passes.

Sometimes when I watched the likes of Song/Coq I always felt they are trying compensate for being rather basic players by trying to indulge in a box to box role and join in in our attacks only at the expense of leaving us a man down.

I’m perhaps being a little presumptuous but Xhaka seems very mature and could be absolutely pivotal in us moving forward.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see his first game as Arsenal player, so excited.

Dunno why but i am more excited to see what Perez can do with Ozil and Xhaka feeding him, i think he will be a hit…might start off slow until he gels with the team and they get their communication up to scratch and know what they are likely to do but once they fire i think we will have a decent striker at last.

I feel the opposite because Mustafi comes here as a starter, a core player, backbone of the team.
Don’t think Perez can really put Giroud on the bench. He is more like an alternate option, rotation or may spend some time on the wing for me. A supporting cast mostly.

1 Like

I think you are underrating him a bit, but could very well be true too we have no clue what Wenger will do with him or where he will play him so I agree and also agree that Mustafa is a starter. I think Perez is a lot better than most people think and as soon as he starts firing it will be Giroud riding the bench and coming on as a sub, I think Perez has enough about him to leave Giroud as 2nd choice in time if given enough time to play.

We will see when they start playing… now everything is just pure speculation and opinion :wenger:

He looks a born leader :santi2::giroud2:

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/sep_16/gun__1473251604_mustafi.jpg

Let’s hope that Wenger has realised that having a team full of light weight players, both physically and mentally, is no good.

We used to have a great balance of both, with players like Adams, Keown, Lauren, Gilberto etc, playing alongside, Henry, Bergkamp, Ljunberg, Pires etc, who were no lightweights themselves.

All those players were winners and did anything they could to win, something we have lacked for quite a while.
Shame we still have the weak links like Walcott, Chamberlain and Giroud but it seems as if Wenger has started to see these sort of players are holding us back and aren’t going to win us anything.

3 Likes

He really does look like Per’s long lost brother.

1 Like

or his short one. :santi2:

3 Likes

#YaGunnersYa #YaGermanGunnersYa

5 Likes

PLEASE SIGN A NEW CONTRACT NOW, MESUT!

4 Likes

ARSENAL GO GERMAN! :giroud2:

YaIwobiisBackYa

1 Like