Skhodran Mustafi

Makes sense if a deal like that were done over Chamberlain, but why Mustafi? Wenger is under no pressure to sell him this summer, it can only be related to Wenger not rating him and the van Dijk transfer being on the cards for us

Haha trying to rationalise whatever the fuck Wenger is thinking.

2 Likes

I dont think he knows what he is thinking at the best of times, sure he finds his mixed up mind perplexing himself!

1 Like

So if he goes we have 5 centre backs in the squad including Monreal playing the back 3 formation, whatā€™s the bet Elneny spends a fair chunk of the season playing as a CB ?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure heā€™s genuinely sold on the idea of three at the back. He seems to be almost self sabotaging the formation in the hopes of moving back to his favoured 433/4231.

honestly we needed a centre back before the transfer window had even opened and now we have let 1 go (honestly Iā€™m glad Gabriel has gone) and could let another one go in Mustafi, now we definitely need to bring in someone

I just find it really odd letting Mustafi go after just one season, especially as we paid over 30 million for him and used him last season regularly

You would imagine he wouldnā€™t go without somebody coming in. He was undoubtedly a first choice player last season with a back 2, nevermind a back 3. Monreal has proved iffy at CB in a pair and Wenger surely isnā€™t pinning his hopes on Holding.

1 Like

On the bench again. Surely thereā€™s must be some truth to the rumours.

1 Like

And yet, we keep trying to appease Ox. Madness.

2 Likes

? huh

With Mustafi benched again, thereā€™s a good chance that all this heresy of a move away from Arsenal is true. Yet, Ox is the first name on the team sheet, all the while him or his agent have been agitating their position at this club in recent months. Baffling.

8 Likes

Not sure Ox and his agent have done anything. Much like bellerin, itā€™s been paper talk that the both players have had to deny.

Has Ox actually denied?

Now I understand why he wants out lol

1 Like

Donā€™t think so. At least I havenā€™t seen him doing so.

Was he just another Perez like signing to please the fans and not someone that Wenger really wanted. Maybe him and his wife/Girlfriend havenā€™t settled in London, with a new baby probably think been closer to home would be a good move. Or maybe heā€™s a Inter Supporter growing up and itā€™s a dream move.

Iā€™m finding it hard to call this one, but definitely think heā€™s wanting out. Donā€™t think heā€™s a big loss imo, started off quite well for us but looked half the player after his few weeks out after injury. If we replace him (thatā€™s a big IF) then he wonā€™t be a big miss.

3 Likes

If he wants to stay and is being sold because he isnā€™t really in our plans, and we donā€™t get a replacement then it is a sackable offence imo.

1 Like

We arenā€™t even making a profit FFS!

Deanā€™s claiming a loan deal to Inter is being finalised

Chambers to the rescue, then :hipster: