Site Feedback

Donā€™t know if it has been mentioned earlier but the past couple of days Iā€™ve gotten this message a couple of times, seemingly at random:

Sorry, we couldnā€™t load that topic, possibly due to a connection
problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.

and a refresh button.

There is no problem with my connectivity in any other ways so I think it in the forum end of the line. It goes away after a few minutes by itself.

It only happens when I try to enter a thread, I can browse forum topics just fine but clicking on any thread (such as this one) I get the message.

Happened I think 3 times over the past 4-5 days maybe? not sure.

We have noticed it too, working on a solution :slight_smile: thanks for reporting.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just done some maintenance work that will hopefully sort it out.

I was getting this message all last night and it was preventing me from posting. Iā€™ve still got it but now Iā€™m able to post. Is it something I switched on by accident?

ā€œ500 internal errorā€ :bellerin:

Pleased to announce we have a Birthday plugin :tada:

Now the fun part with this plugin is that itā€™ll be easy to see when itā€™s someone birthday. If you see a cake and a balloon next to a members name while browsing on the Forum, that will let you know itā€™s that memberā€™s birthday today, as you can see in the image below :smiley:

Itā€™s easy to setup. Go to your preferences, and the Birthday option is located before Categories. It wonā€™t ask for your birth year, just two drop down boxes for day and month. Once youā€™re done, click save changes.

Also, there is a dedicated page to show a list of everyones birthdays, as well as Forum annversaries. It can be located in the ā€˜hamburgerā€™ drop menu.

Once youā€™ve clicked the cakeday tab, you will be taken to anniversaries lists. If you want to see birthdays, the tab is right next to it.

Then you can look up any month you like and itā€™ll show who is in each one. Plus, which birthdays are due to come up soon.

So hope you like the plugin. Let us know if you encounter any problems. Now we just need people to put their birthdays in!

4 Likes

Should hopefully have fixed some of the crashing issues

I will mention again, do feel free to use this thread anytime if thereā€™s something you really need help with or certain things about it you donā€™t like you want to see change down the line.

We canā€™t help if some donā€™t pinpoint exactly the problem with something unless they explain in better detail why. The site has greater scoop for development compared to the last one and while not everything is how we like atm, itā€™ll get there if we follow in the same direction. I think already in 3 months weā€™ve come pretty far from the initial release, letā€™s keep this up :slight_smile:

When viewing through cellphone, the video crashes after I try to view it in fullscreen.
Screen expands, stays well for few seconds, then goes back to the thread and up few comments.

Yea looks terrible on mobile

Yeah Iā€™ve noticed that too. It really sucks. Hope the next update fixes that.

Iā€™ve changed it back

Ya know, after g4e left, I was a little disheartened by his goodbye thread. Maybe itā€™s just the wine in me, and donā€™t get it twisted Iā€™m the I love u broo drunk guy. Anyways this community is a little shit tbh. All the dont let the door hit you and fuck off comments, made me a sad panda. Man I thought this was my Arsenal family from across the sea but itā€™s more like just a spot where assholes gather to be complete dicks to one another.

1 Like

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/72/74/41e1f5e330a9a0b6dbae58a71ff9d1e3.gif

4 Likes

Who the fuck liked this!? Anyways fuck you man and I thought we had a connection when I called u a basic cunt smhā€¦

Oh and btw lol I love how ur little Mickey meme thingy has a pee hole thatā€™s RAD!!

Basically if anyone made such a thread someone would make those comments. I think Cristos thread about his recent struggles speaks way more to the true nature of this community.

5 Likes

Well said Shammy. @BigWeng_4LYFE Maybe you should drunk post less in the future, it doesnā€™t look good on you lol.

Because I have a differing opinion? Lol umm okay.

[quote=ā€œArsenal4thetreble, post:387, topic:142, full:trueā€]
Because I have a differing opinion?
[/quote]No because I think youā€™re over reacting to that departure thread, probably not helped by posting while drunk, which is never a good combination. Weā€™ve had loads of people doing goodbye threads in the past and we had the same sort of reactions from members. Some of the comments are nothing to be taken at face value.

Members come and go. We did all we could to help him stay but he didnā€™t want to, so what more can do you? Members look out for each other on here all the time and examples like @Cristo 's thread prove that.

1 Like

If your ā€œdiffering opinionā€ is that this place is full of assholes I have no problem telling you how wrong I think you are. :slight_smile:

1 Like