Site Feedback

[quote=“goooooner, post:362, topic:142”]
I’m confused. I normally click on reply for the person I want to reply and then the box comes up. I then press the quote button on the left.

How do I highlight posts? Sorry dumb question I know! Lol
[/quote]Basically, highlight across the text of the post you want to quote into your post. Then the “Quote reply” button will appear. Click that and the text will pop into your post. So to multi quote, you simply repeat the process :slight_smile:

Wish there was a select box which i can select & ‘Mark as read’, so the threads i ma not interested in doesn’t have red numbers attached to them, forcing me to click the thread.

1 Like

[quote=“Trion, post:364, topic:142, full:true”]
Wish there was a select box which i can select & ‘Mark as read’, so the threads i ma not interested in doesn’t have red numbers attached to them, forcing me to click the thread.
[/quote]100% agreed… I have to keep clicking on threads I’m not interested in reading, just so I can get rid of the number and see what’s new that interests me.

Here’s the reason from the software creator why such a feature doesn’t exist, it’s quite funny really :wilshere:

You can go to Unread and the click dismiss.
You can even perma-dismiss them.

1 Like

yeah I’ve done this for a good few threads aswell. brilliant feature and much better than a mark all read as it will never appear again

Wow I just tried it out. Never knew that. Thanks!:grin:

1 Like

Don’t know if it has been mentioned earlier but the past couple of days I’ve gotten this message a couple of times, seemingly at random:

Sorry, we couldn’t load that topic, possibly due to a connection
problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.

and a refresh button.

There is no problem with my connectivity in any other ways so I think it in the forum end of the line. It goes away after a few minutes by itself.

It only happens when I try to enter a thread, I can browse forum topics just fine but clicking on any thread (such as this one) I get the message.

Happened I think 3 times over the past 4-5 days maybe? not sure.

We have noticed it too, working on a solution :slight_smile: thanks for reporting.

1 Like

I’ve just done some maintenance work that will hopefully sort it out.

I was getting this message all last night and it was preventing me from posting. I’ve still got it but now I’m able to post. Is it something I switched on by accident?

“500 internal error” :bellerin:

Pleased to announce we have a Birthday plugin :tada:

Now the fun part with this plugin is that it’ll be easy to see when it’s someone birthday. If you see a cake and a balloon next to a members name while browsing on the Forum, that will let you know it’s that member’s birthday today, as you can see in the image below :smiley:

It’s easy to setup. Go to your preferences, and the Birthday option is located before Categories. It won’t ask for your birth year, just two drop down boxes for day and month. Once you’re done, click save changes.

Also, there is a dedicated page to show a list of everyones birthdays, as well as Forum annversaries. It can be located in the ‘hamburger’ drop menu.

Once you’ve clicked the cakeday tab, you will be taken to anniversaries lists. If you want to see birthdays, the tab is right next to it.

Then you can look up any month you like and it’ll show who is in each one. Plus, which birthdays are due to come up soon.

So hope you like the plugin. Let us know if you encounter any problems. Now we just need people to put their birthdays in!

4 Likes

Should hopefully have fixed some of the crashing issues

I will mention again, do feel free to use this thread anytime if there’s something you really need help with or certain things about it you don’t like you want to see change down the line.

We can’t help if some don’t pinpoint exactly the problem with something unless they explain in better detail why. The site has greater scoop for development compared to the last one and while not everything is how we like atm, it’ll get there if we follow in the same direction. I think already in 3 months we’ve come pretty far from the initial release, let’s keep this up :slight_smile:

When viewing through cellphone, the video crashes after I try to view it in fullscreen.
Screen expands, stays well for few seconds, then goes back to the thread and up few comments.

Yea looks terrible on mobile

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. It really sucks. Hope the next update fixes that.

I’ve changed it back

Ya know, after g4e left, I was a little disheartened by his goodbye thread. Maybe it’s just the wine in me, and don’t get it twisted I’m the I love u broo drunk guy. Anyways this community is a little shit tbh. All the dont let the door hit you and fuck off comments, made me a sad panda. Man I thought this was my Arsenal family from across the sea but it’s more like just a spot where assholes gather to be complete dicks to one another.

1 Like

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/72/74/41e1f5e330a9a0b6dbae58a71ff9d1e3.gif

4 Likes