Site Feedback

Best is to stop using community.onlinearsenal.com, just use onlinearsenal.com, always. Update your bookmarks :smiley:

1 Like

Ha really? I’ve been using community.onlinearsenal since launch and had no problems until now! Will change it now :sunglasses:

Edit:

Looks like streamable.com doesn’t work on here anymore.

Also Instagram videos only come up as links too lately. They used to embed as a video before.

I noticed the streamable issue and mentioned it in the staff section a couple days ago but have been completely ignored! :grin:

I’ve now specifically tagged the technologically competent members of staff who might have a clue what’s going on. Hopefully we’ll be able to sort it out

Normally indicates the techies have no idea on how to resolve the issue

I should know, use the same tactic at work :joy:

1 Like

So can you believe it’s been just over a year since we launched brand new OA! I wanted to get some feedback on how everyone feels about the place a year on since the move.

It’s been pretty awesome seeing how quickly this place has developed, I really wasn’t much of a fan at all at first, but with a lot of effort and twinkering of the settings, it’s a well drilled functioning machine. Helps a lot the software developers are always constantly updating and adding further features as you go along which helps.

What do you love about the new site? Is there anything you miss from old OA? What further changes would you like to see from here? :slight_smile:

• New OA is awesome, trumps the old site
  • I like new OA but I do miss the old site at times
  • New OA is ok, but the old site was better
  • New OA is terrible, bring back old OA! (g4e option :smirk: )

0 voters

Impossible to miss the old site.

This is the best looking forum for mobiles I’ve ever seen

2 Likes

to be honest I do like the new site but still nowhere near as much as the old one, never will most likely. I know why we moved though so nothing to complain about :slight_smile:

I feel nostalgic about the old site for sure, but leaving nostalgia aside it really is no contest

1 Like

I can’t actually remember what the old site looked like, can you post a screenshot?

1 Like

The timing of the move proved to be extremely well timed. Imagine if those virus attacks had taken down the board? As far as I can recall all those versions of VBulletin were badly effected. The old site had a couple of things broken by the end. Like the weird spaced out vistor messages. Half the Arcade games no longer worked.

In the end, it’s definately been the right move. The speed of the new site is amazing and the user friendliness very good. Would be nice to get member numbers a bit higher up, but it’s not too bad for now.

Only things I really miss from old OA is probably MDC and all the history of the posting, was a shame to lose 13 years of content. But I suppose as each year goes by on the new one, we’ll develop new history and it’ll make up for it over time. I’ll never forget the old site though, it served it’s purpose very well for a long time. Now the new site is the ideal version for today’s times.

@Robin_L Check out this thread :slight_smile:

This is far better, mobile friendly and has kept me sane for the last 3 weeks in hospital. Love the interaction between everyone just seems like natural conversations as opposed to statements. Great job you guys have done with it !!

2 Likes

Great to hear OA could help you out man :slight_smile:

And regarding the old site… Tapatalk :face_vomiting: reels

1 Like

Can we get a cute little snek emoji? For all the sneks in football

1 Like

:snake:

1 Like

Where was it??

Click the tree symbol of the smilies section, and the snake is on Page 2. :snake: The site received a huge batch of new smilies with the recent software update.

1 Like

ahhhhhhhh I see! :squid:

1 Like

You can hover over it to see the command. It’s :snake : (without the space)

2 Likes

:sauropod: rahhhhh!!!

5 Likes