Southampton v Arsenal (FA Cup)

You’re right.
I forgot about that because it was when they won the treble but two of the cups were the FA Cup and League Cup.
But, like you say, when we beat Sheffield Wednesday in both finals, we were the first to do it :grinning:

2 Likes

I remember drawing 1-1 in the cup there on a monday night b4 beating them in a replay.

Yeah 1979 that. Won the cup that year. Hopefully a good omen.

That UEFA cup final they won vs Alaves was just an absolute crazy match.

1 Like

tks couldnt remember the year David Price scored that night .

Yeah unusal because it was a monday night. Not many games on a monday then. Replay 2 days later too.

We play Watford on Tuesday followed by Chelsea at 12:30 on Saturday next week, so might be worth resting a few players if Southampton are going to be so weak…

Yes . one of the reasons i hate ken friar is that tics for seats went on sale on tuesday 0900 hrs . my grandad who was dying and ws visiting london for the first time wanted to go . they sold abt 100 thensaid sold out. low and behold police appear to keep order and touts appear with huge wads of tickets charging 3 x the face value. considering we only played the previous night thats some doing especially as highbury held 17500 seats and we only had 8000 season tics !@!!! we got the tics by snatching a wad and running off.

Southampton were never an easy team for us, Especially when they had Steve Williams…

http://www.blog.woolwicharsenal.co.uk/archives/9863

Thats a great article but doesnt do justice to Jennings who was world class that night.

1 Like

Ospina

Bellerin Koscielny Mustafi Gibbs

Coquelin Ramsey

Jeff Ozil Sanchez

Perez

Subs: Cech, Holding, Gabriel, Chamberlain, Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud

1 Like

Against Forest I meant to mention.

Stapleton winner, top drawer header.

1 Like

I can never call FA cup games as you dont know what the fuck Wengers plans are…wasted enough time and money because of it…And they’ve got that little cunt Long, who seems to have it over us…

1 Like

Just think of the penalty he gave away at York when I think of him.
Foul was outside the box though. Horrendus day that. So fucking cold that place.

1 Like

Technically true I guess, if we ignore Man United’s 1999 treble and Liverpool’s 2001 treble comprising of the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup

Edit: just seen @Stroller point one of them out :sweat_smile:

we should have stopped both of those happening…Now the mancs can also claim 26th May as a special date…

Uniteds wasn’t a domestic cup double though. :slight_smile:

Wow now the memories come flooding back ,cheers slag I made a fortune out of those fa cup replays. Well at least a fortune to a poor student .
There where rails strikes and yours truly ran coaches to all the games .
The match in sheffield was a joke sheffield was an ice rink , a huge mob tried to attack my coachs group, however as they charged they fell flat on their arses because of the ice ,the snowballs were more like ice balls !
The final saw more Arsenal tickets go missing and straight into the hands of the touts which lead to nearly 30 percent of the Arsenal end being filled with MUFC supporters and there was a lot of trouble in there !
Thanks Ken really deserved that bridge didnt you !

6 Likes