Squad Management

AC…

How you guys did on Poldi, I return the favor on Alex… :poldi::poldi::poldi:

No, no, no… just kidding…

I really, really think he is just an Average Joe, a squad player, a project, a spare, NOT a starter.
Still, it is Wenger’s fault. He is the one to start an average player.

I have nothing personal against Iwobi.
He may be a nice kid, but far from a starter material.

1 Like

To be fair, we don’t have much choice but to start average players :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Why loan out Perez?
Why let Sanchez run down to last year of contract and don’t (still) have a solution/replacement?
Why not reinforce proactively to accompany Ozil and Sanchez?

Wenger has to start average players because he made himself to do so.

If he could spend 30m+ on Mustafi, 30m+ on Xhaka, 50m+ on Laca… that means we did have the money, before and now and after. The reserve fund is still untouched.

No quality in the market? Bullshit.
How much Mbappe, De Bruyne was a few seasons back???
When everybody was about 20-30m, he chose not to buy.
Now everybody is 40, 50m or more… whom can we buy?

2 Likes

With Coquelin gone, Deadwood count is now 8.
Campbell being injured means no way of selling him.

So the task of selling is 7 players.

Hopefully Theo goes in this window as well. Sanchez looks set as well.

So we would need to sell 5 players in summer. Still annoying to have that much work on top of purchasing players.

Wonder how many new players we have for next season…

Are you labelling Sanchez dead wood ? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

At least Mavropanos!

The minimum should probably be two attacking players and a back-up right back. If we don’t do anything else this winter.

how much stability left??
Sigh…

Sanchez & Theo out, Mkhitaryan in.
Hopefully we have linedup a midfielder.

If Ozil signs, we will only need to sell 5 players. 7 would be great if we could move on Welbeck & Xhaka.

Squad updated.

Ozil signed so unlisted as potential sale & Welbeck listed as deadwood.
Team looks so much cleaner now with major deadwoods sold.
Still 6 to go out of which Per, Joel Campbell & Cazorla need not be sold.

Need to find the way to move on Jenkinson, Danny Welbeck & Lucas Perez.

Need a winger, defensive midfielder, center back & probably a keeper. Summer agendas perhaps.

Or Hopefully some activity remains on deadline day.

5 Likes

We agree on the 4 signings we need to make :clap:

2 Likes

Can we re-call Perez and make him a sub of striker?
Laca, Auba, Perez… not bad. A little bit thin but it is really not bad; consider Wenger’s other child Iwobi will get some (major) minutes.
Give Welbeck a free ticket and send him away as gift.

1 Like

I would much rather play Perez than Welbeck at this point

3 Likes

Would you say he will be coming back from his loan or do you think he is he gone now?

Still a very young squad then. Only Cech, Koscielny and Monreal aged 30+ of those likely to still be in the playing squad in August.

Can’t believe some people had issues with signing Aubameyang because he’s nearly 29 :thinking:

5 Likes

At least we are all able to agree that he is actually 28 :laughing:

1 Like

Sell all of them.

Heck, release all of them

1 Like

Where’s FUT’s quick sell option when you need it

1 Like

What I would do now is just forget about the Champions League for now. With this group of dickwads we’d just be knocked back into the Europa League in December anyway. We should stop looking at the table, worry not about making top 4 and instead our focus should be on building a squad that actually deserves to be at Europe’s top table, rather than a squad who try to fluke their way in.

Given our owner isn’t big on investment, I’d like a manager to come in and just develop the hell out of those youth players. There is a lot of talent there. I don’t want any more shitty 30 year old short term signings.

Given our current status as a club with no identity and who are going nowhere, it’s the perfect time for a complete rebuild. If it means no European football for a bit then so be it. Things need freshening up big time. I can count on one hand the players in our current squad who’d i’d like to keep around.

8 Likes

Well said. Agreed. Time for a reset. I’m okay with a few shit years if we got something exciting.

I know it was a bit shit seeing use sell all our good players but I miss having players exciting enough that other teams would want them.