Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

I was trying to find this but the closest I can get is some vague references to him saying he didn’t see any ussue with them taking money out. If I remember I’ll try again but I’m pretty sure I read something like because I remember being horrified.

Yeah it would be really bad for Arsenal… ManU are so big they can still spend massively with the tens of millions of debt payments, but Arsenal would be hurt.

This thing has irked me for years now.
Fans demanding owners to put their money.
Why the fuck would the owner do that?

I agree with you…but…there is a long history of owners pumping their own money into clubs in England. The obvious difference here is the amounts but I do think that history plays a part in people’s expectations.

2 Likes

They don’t necessarily have to put their own money in, but they shouldn’t be using it as a money making machine either.

The club are the supporters and their hard earned money shouldn’t be going into the pockets of the already massively wealthy owners.

But it still remains a business & owner will take a chunk of profit for themselves, just like in any other business.

No one would care about him taking some of the profits if we were challenging for titles.

3 Likes

I feel like people view football clubs as being different to other businesses because for most of history football clubs haven’t really turned profits, the people who have owned football clubs haven’t been in it for the money. People like Simon Jordan at Palace have bought clubs they support against all sound financial advice because they are supporters, not because a football club were great business venture. Simon Jordan lost most of his personal fortune due to Palace.

Especially when you’re talking to fans over 35 or a similar age, you’ll likely find more complaints about owners who want to take money out of a club because that isn’t the footballing landscape they grew up in.

It’s not so much that football clubs remain businesses, but that some of them have become businesses.

3 Likes

The irony is that the only person who isn’t a supporter of the club is Kroenke himself.
He isn’t even a football fan and rarely goes to games.
So his main priority is to make money and it’s the supporters who are making him even more wealthy than he already is.
How people defend this parasite is beyond belief.

1 Like

Tremendous article by Arseblog on our ownership this morning.

3 Likes

Anyone who is happy with Kroenke, please read this.

Poorly researched and terrible article based on assumptions and guesswork without a shred of objectivity.

@Craigie made an interesting point about FSG and Liverpool. FSG were seen as largely incompetent before Klopp came in. They routinely made terrible moves and decisions until Klopp brought a strong sense of direction and vision to the club.

Liverpool under Klopp and more decisive and making smart ambitious moves in the market. Everybody now knows Klopp is fully accountable for his side’s success this season such is the extent he’s been backed by the club’s management

I am arguing that what we need post Wenger and the culture of the club changes overnight. This side has had the ability to make a serious impact of the League and CL if not for Wenger. Let’s change him first before we start coming to conclusions about SK ownership

2 Likes

It’s not poorly researched, he straight off says he just writes what comes to mind. These are his feelings on our ownership, not his thesis on it.

1 Like

Thought it was a heap of shit tbh.

1 Like

I think the fact that Kroenke has persisted with Wenger by giving him a new contract, followed by one of the worst transfer windows we have had, shows you the level of his ambition.

Whoever is new manager is, he is going to have a massive rebuilding job which is going to require a level of spending that Kroenke is not going to provide.

See his other sporting investments for details.

1 Like

If the manager is as bad as you say he is, then we dont need much of a rebuild at all.

Certainly no more so than when there were talks of Pep’s uphill battle to sort an aging man city squad out.

Even Chelsea are balancing their books now so there is no reason why we can’t continue our business model, change manager and find league success.

Do you mean apart from replacing Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Kos and Cech with equivalent or better players?

We have a squad with very few young first team players, our best players want to leave and we are struggling for a top four place.
I think that proves we are short of what is required to challenge for the PL, and that we need some serious investment just to stay at the level we already are.

1 Like

Only Alexis and Ozil are challenging to replace in thay list, and even then there is a LOT of talent in the world at this vert moment.

But if the manager is so incompetent, then surely someone who is top notch should be able to work wonders with the same squad, adding a few high profile players and youngsters changes everything, overnight.

I’m not a fan of Wenger now (still respect the guy of course), but to suggest everything becomes rosy when he leaves is wrong imo. If anything it’ll just expose the culture at the club that Wenger had took the hit for.

4 Likes

I’ve never said he is incompetent just not good enough to challenge for the top trophies.
After this season we will not have a single world class player because Sanchez, Ozil and Cazorla won’t be here.
Also Kos and Cech will not be as good as they were and more prone to injury.

No team in the PL can win the title without any world class players.
We have two and couldn’t even get a top four place.
How is any manager going to do a decent job with a team with no world class players and no serious investment just to replace the players that have left.