Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

The league isnt won on paper though. It’s an unpredictable ever changing landscape. Chelsea are a great example:

14/15 1st
15/16 10th
16/17 1st

With virtually the same group of players i might add, highlighting the significance and impact management can have.

1 Like

Wenger the martyr line?

If anything it’s Wenger’s management and ideals which are the worse aspects of the culture of this club. It’s well publicized guys like Ivan are innovative and forward thinking in trying to get this club to compete properly.

No one is suggesting things get rosy post Wenger. I’m saying the change forces us to abandon some of Wenger’s worse managerial practices

2 Likes

Nooo I definitely wouldn’t want to suggest that, or that Wenger is devoid of most blame. But I certainly don’t see much innovative thinking behind the scenes of I’m honest, and Stan will hold us back in the market regardless of who’s at the helm.

1 Like

i.e. NOT researched at all…

This 1,000x… and to the extent that there is more to it, we will only really know once AW is gone. Kroenke may turn out to be a parasite, but Arsenal has a long tradition of “self-sustaining” and that has been a proud mantra pre-Kroenke, one that AW has more than embraced seemingly.

So far, Kroenke is mostly an irrelevant figure other than his failure to force the issue with AW going.

And not claiming to be…

It’s an online blog, not the bloody Financial Times!

1 Like

Lol yeah your first line could use some work. Not really sure the value of that article beyond our own speculation here. Still remains the case that Kroenke has taken any money out of the club and yet people find all sorts of ways to be convinced otherwise including “oh but he will”.

AW is the problem… maybe Kroenke will turn out that way.

Yeah this pretty much. I could have written it or any of 10’s of us here. People praising pretty much agreed beforehand. We gained no new substance there.

The season in the middle was as strange as Leicester winning the title.
The seasons either side are because they have the players to achieve that success.
We are not going to win the PL with Ozil and Sanchez, so without them we could fall further behind.

nope we will play better without them, we are more of a team. Look at how we played at Chavski without ozil etc, play as more of a unit ozil sure he has a lot of quality but when does he track back and when does he really put a shift in for the midfield and sanchez plays like a house on fire but doesnt do much but ball hog for too long which loses us chances etc, we look better without them.

You might be right but when they were playing well in previous seasons they were the reason we got a top four place.

I wanted to sell them in the window simply because of this situation where they can’t be bothered.
Keeping them rather than taking the money and buying a replacement might prove to be one of Wenger’s most expensive decisions.

What’s wrong with my first line? I really enjoyed the article.

I’ve often said the same about Kroenke. So far he hasn’t been a problem. But I don’t think I should just leave it at that. I think if he assumes 100% control it’s more likely than not that the financial side of things will be taken out of the public eye and we won’t even know what’s happening. The current ownership position is fine imo but I definitely (and I don’t think unreasonably) worry about the future.

2 Likes

Kroenke hasn’t been a problem? He’s taken us from top two to mid level mediocrity, he comes to no matches, he messes in every transfer window, which he knows nothing about, and loses us money and players, he’s tried to rip 4 million a year of the club, only halted by Usmanov, he’s never contributed a penny to the club, we’ve never got past qualifying levels in the CL since he’s been at the club, he’s brought shame on the club through his subscription animal cruelty channel, he presides over the most expensive football tickets in the world. Kroenke IS the problem, and unless fans wake up to what a problem he is, get used to supporting a Stoke/ West Brom level club while paying twice as much as Man City for a season ticket

1 Like

That’s not really fair or accurate

3 Likes

Welcome to the site.

All the stuff you’ve typed about is Wengers doing imo. You can point the ultimate finger of blame at Kroenke if you like because as owner he’s simply allowed it to happen and it’s difficult to argue with that but ultimately I don’t want an owner sticking his nose in to football business. Especially so when, as you say, he doesn’t understand that side of things.

I’m not a Kroenke fan by any means but he really has done very little to warrant any substantive criticism.

2 Likes

I agree.
Kroenke clearly doesn’t care whether we are successful as a club and winning trophies otherwise why would he have extended Wenger’s contract after not getting CL football.
Why would he sit back and watch the team being dismantled without strengthening.

When Wenger does eventually leave, we will see what Kroenke will give the next manager to spend.
People will then realise this parasite is only interested in making money.

He is the worst thing that has ever happened to our club.

2 Likes

When he came in, it was between us and Man U. Now we are beneath the Spuds and Liverpool, despite being twice as rich as these clubs. How am I wrong? He has contributed nothing to the club, the only thing has bought are shares, which have doubled in money. He was taking money out of the club which was stopped by Usmanov, He has charged us the highest season ticket prices in the world, for a team that is far off the highest level, how am I wrong?

1 Like

Kroenke agrees with everything Wenger does, and is the only reason Wenger is there, because no other manager would work with someone who thinks of his profit more than the club, even the board have admitted that. He has done plenty to warrant substantive criticism, like stopping players being sold, wanting more money, then having to sell them for half the amount they were originally going to be sold for. Like stopping all transfer activity, when we were in full flow, saying we have no money, like charging us the highest season ticket prices in the world, like not having the proper infrastructure within Arsenal to spend the huge profits made, in order to not only retain our own top players, but attract other top players, when clubs like Liverpool, who have half our finances can, like not at least loaning Arsenal money to tide us through the stadium build, but forcing Wenger to sell our top players, which again is documented. It pains me that Arsenal supporters do not see how much this leech is dragging us back, because while they don’t, and there isn’t unanimous disapproval for him, we will keep heading to the bottom of the league. He has just bought another 750m ranch, like he really needs that? He is the only person keeping Wenger in place. I would like to see how Wenger does, given the proper infrastructure to work with. Our demise and lack of success in the EPL can be directly correlated to Kroenke joining - that cannot be disputed. Wengers lack of success can also be directly correlated to Kroenke joining, While I accept that Wenger may have lost his touch, Kroenke never had one. He said he did not become majority share holder in Arsenal to win trophies. SO why did he? To make money out of us. And Arsenal supporters don’t have a problem with that??

Actually if you wanna be fair and objective you would also mention that that Usmanov wanted dividends and money coming his way from Arsenal. 3m taken out of arsenal in a seson where we made over 400m is nothing he probably makes more than that in a day sometimes, so you have an agenda here.

1 Like